UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Agony of owning an S4

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #16
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnie Mouse
funny i found that aswell. and the new S4r seems nice seat, but on the 620 i have and ride usually, it came with corbin seat and i just cannot see what people like about it. even pedro got one on ebay cos he wanted one until he tried it, then he said he put it back on ebay haha. I guess it depends what type of bum you have. i mean being female you'd think i'd have enough padding on me bum wouldn't you? it's not exactly small!
I think that sums it up, the newer the model the better the seat.

My reason for liking the Corbin seat is that compared to the standard seat of my old 1995 M600 its a whole universe better for comfort, and as I’m 6' 4'' lanky streak of **** the seating position being further back suits me and makes for a better overall riding position. It changed the whole bike for me from being crippled after 50 miles to me not having hardly an ache after 120 miles. For vertically challenged people like Pedro I can see how it would not be so good as you would have to reach further for the handle bars

It’s always going to be a personnel choice type of thing of what suits your frame, physical build and preferred riding position, each to their own choice for comfort

Cheers,

Shandy
Old 06-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #17
Melnie Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy
I think that sums it up, the newer the model the better the seat.

My reason for liking the Corbin seat is that compared to the standard seat of my old 1995 M600 its a whole universe better for comfort, and as I’m 6' 4'' lanky streak of **** the seating position being further back suits me and makes for a better overall riding position. It changed the whole bike for me from being crippled after 50 miles to me not having hardly an ache after 120 miles. For vertically challenged people like Pedro I can see how it would not be so good as you would have to reach further for the handle bars

It’s always going to be a personnel choice type of thing of what suits your frame, physical build and preferred riding position, each to their own choice for comfort

Cheers,

Shandy
Hmmm yeah ok, that pretty much sums it up!
Old 06-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #18
andy pea

Bike: S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad old git
I was recently given a 4 year old S4 which is fantastic except that it is the most uncomfortable motorbike I have ever ridden. I have just returned from a 100 mile round trip, my wrists, bum and thumbs all ache and I could hardly have ridden another mile. Any suggestions?
I'd have to say the complete opposite i'm afraid!
After my 900ssie I find the s4 sooooo comfy! Popped down to Switzerland in July doing between 250 and 350 miles a day and whilst I knew i'd done the miles it was nothing a couple of beers couldn't sort out
I've got a Ducati Gel saddle and a slightly taller screen which definitely help for long distance adventures

andy
andy pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:37 AM   #19
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
My opinion

My M750 is so comfy its perfect,
my S4 is not, i will soon change top yoke and bars to normal monstor type, also 14 tooth sprocket helps around town. Chassis is taller and needs stting up with more tranfer to front end as it gets light at speed.try to relax your grip or you will end up going to the chiropractor like me.

jerry
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:55 AM   #20
Mr C

I find mine just perfect... but i am only 5'6