UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Finally bought a Monster!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #16
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I think the rear shock might be a Sachs.
Ohlins don't usually miss an opportunity to label thier products very clearly.

My "S" came with Ohlins at the rear, complete with remote resevior but that doesn't mean that your shock is wrong as there are clearly some spec differences on the S models over the years.

You seem to have an ally swinging arm. which not all 900s have.

The red dash is after market as you've probably guessed,so it would be interesting to know if the tacho was original fitment or added at the same time as the dash...Nice clean clocks though.

Compare your bike to this other '97 bike with a similar front end, possibly an S but definatly making your bike bike look like a much better proposition..!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2518319360...089%26_rdc%3D1
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #17
J_Dub

Yep Sachs shock, I replaced the original shock (it was leaking oil) in about April '10 with one I sourced from Ducati John. The replacement shock came out of a bike that hadn't done many miles.
Old 15-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #18
J_Dub

In a previous life:

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by J_Dub; 15-02-2015 at 09:19 AM..
Old 15-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #19
Andy B

Bike: M900
awesome! i love seeing those kind of photos of bikes/cars when you've just bought em... sadly, it's a little tattier now... need to get a hold of some non-cracked belt covers, and tidy up a few other bits...i take it you must have owner the bike a fair while ago... the v5 stated 11 previous owners when i signed it into my name... (same number of po's my 30 year old guzzi has!)

i saw that really tatty monster on ebay and wow! what a mess! yep - glad i found this one when i did

we've agreed not to do that much to it just yet - need to finish rebuilding the Guzzi -but the tank has a line of paint missing on the left side which i'll temporarily tidy up for now, then come next winter big strip down and get it back to former glory with fresh paint and powder coat... roll on the nicer weather!
Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote