UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2019 » The Wait is over ~2019 weekender

Old 09-04-2019, 07:32 AM   #1
Moco1961

Serious announcement

OK folks, I do usually have my tongue firmly in my cheek when posting but please be assured this is a serious heads up:

One of our group sent me a link from social media last night , the link was from the white waters Hotel Facebook page stating the Hotel is closed. I cant thank Mark enough for pointing this out.

I spent the rest of the night trying to verify this , I spoke with 2 hotels in Llangollen, one heard it was true the other did not so I was none the wiser. The Hotel is not responding to e-mails and the phone is now unobtainable , although Mark is taking a trip down there this morning I would now assume the worst.

Anyone who has given card details, please check with them to see if your deposits can be recovered , I think you will be covered on credit card, not sure about debit card.

I am really sorry about this folks, I can assure you I am trying to salvage the situation and will of course update as the day goes on, there is too much organised to let this go so please bear with me while I try to sort things out.

cheers

Mike
Old 09-04-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
Moco1961

Update

I have had a mail from the White Waters Hotel, they ceased trading on April 5th.

Two options I am exploring, a) split venue
b)Date change.

I have a bite for shifting this to the first Mayday bank Holiday, now checking with guest speaker for availability, will post as soon as I have more information.

cheers

Mike
Old 09-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
Moco1961

Good News and not so good news

well I hope this hasn't caused too much angst , I think there is an option now,
firstly I have tried to keep the same dates as I know folk have set diaries around the weekender. This has proved near impossible I am sad to say, not so good news,

Chainbridge Hotel
Hand Hotel
Wild Pheasant Hotel
Royal Hotel

in Llangollen all fully booked for the Saturday night with limited availability on the other nights

Ruthin Castle Hotel~ fully booked
Crabwall manor
Mollington banestre both near Chester, races are on and the prices will make your eyes water.

The good news is I have 20 rooms reserved at the Rossett Hall Hotel, Function room and good mix of rooms, ie more twins. THIS IS FOR THE FIRST BANK HOLIDAY,3RD 4TH 5TH MAY. This means we are all together and we get to keep the same itinerary that we have worked so hard on. To wet your appetite and hopefully get the vote for this proposal:

Friday ~ arrive at hotel, buffet dinner,drinks, chill out .
Saturday~ head off the the copper mine, visit the aqueduct en-route , lakes and mountains in the afternoon and return via the Ponderossa ~ 4 hrs in the saddle. Evening meal followed by guest speaker , a man who has Ducati blood in his veins and is part of the history, think 1978 IoM.
Sunday, " Take no prisoners" National ride out to Portmeirion . For those unfamiliar this is a complete village, a folly, based on Italian architecture, we have a table/tables booked in the castle for Sunday lunch which gets us free entrance to the village where the TV series the prisoner was filmed. We have special permission to take the bikes in and get photos hopefully for a Calendar.

There you have it, please post up asap if all you weekenders think this is a goer and I will make it so

Last edited by Moco1961; 09-04-2019 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: spelling.....i'm blinking tired
Old 09-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #4
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Nice one Mike, I am sure we all appreciate your efforts to arrange a fantastic alternative in lightning quick time. Count me in on the new dates.

Thanks

Chris
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
What a complete nightmare Mike!! Hope you will be able to settle down to a Peroni as soon as possible.
It's put a Spaniard in the works regarding timing but hopefully I will still be able to make it, at least the bike is ready to go.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #6
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
I’m not sure how often people check the post, I would suggest a new thread and maybe a pm to everyone involved

The new hotel looks good, we will update on our attendance

Good work
Old 09-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #7
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Great work Mike
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #8
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
sorry but I'm away in France for the first bh so I'm afraid I'm out......

Great effort to get other options sorted tho.

Last edited by chris yeatman; 09-04-2019 at 06:20 PM..
chris yeatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:06 PM   #9
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Wow Mike, well done for sorting this out so quickly, Stafford & I have booked directly with the hotel.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:28 AM   #10
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Wow Mike, well done for sorting this out so quickly, Stafford & I have booked directly with the hotel.
Liz, Hotel have sent me a spreadsheet with people that have booked......you and Stafford are not on it !!............... will mail them for you
Old 12-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #11
Moco1961

Guest Update

Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
Old 12-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #12
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
I think you've covered everything there, Mike - just to confirm for anyone who needs it there is a veggie selection for each days food
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #13
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Big Oz
Grumpy
Big Red Duke
Moco61 +1
Chris2925 +1
Buzzbomb +1
Pezz
Mark Houldin
slob
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:44 PM   #14
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Sterling work Mike, to reorganise so swiftly and so well after such an unexpected and rather shattering turn of events.
Well done indeed.
You must be shattered now, yourself.

I have a prior booking over that weekend but I am looking into rearranging that if I can.
Will update as soon as I know more .. hopefully within 24hrs.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:03 PM   #15
Stevedesmo

Bike: S4r
Mike, as discussed today, I can’t make the adjusted dates as I’m away visiting a mate in Spain, so I am indeed a casualty........such is life!

I know from our chats and messages today that you’ve put a lot of effort in at very short notice to get this sorted, so well done, you’ve played a blinder!

Catch up when you’ve recovered!
Stevedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote