UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » O2 sensor eliminators fitted

Old 24-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #76
Cobra88

Hi Ricky

Can't do Brands on 30th as I'm away for work till 3rd May

Indy or GP ?
Old 24-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #77
RickyX

Just got the below response from Ebay Seller regarding suitability for 08 M1100S:

Hi there.
This product is only available for the EVO models currently Thank you very much for choosing our products, If you require any further assistance or have additional questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Regards,
Nick Iliopoulos

So....don't think I'll be ordering any unless he is just covering his a55 because he doesn't really know...

Indy. Might do another on 12th May.

R
Old 24-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #78
Cobra88

Hi Ricky

I have fitted a pair of my evo eliminators on my Friends 1100 S

they fit and work fine.

If you have a Termignoni ECU you wont notice much difference as the Termi ECU ignores the O2 sensors below 5000 RPM.
Old 24-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #79
Davidg1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyX View Post
Just got the below response from Ebay Seller regarding suitability for 08 M1100S:

Hi there.
This product is only available for the EVO models currently Thank you very much for choosing our products, If you require any further assistance or have additional questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Regards,
Nick Iliopoulos

So....don't think I'll be ordering any unless he is just covering his a55 because he doesn't really know...

Indy. Might do another on 12th May.

R
I bought a pair for my 796, didn't make any difference but I do know someone else here has had them fitted to a mates 796 Hyper and it worked??
Old 24-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #80
RickyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra88 View Post
Hi Ricky

I have fitted a pair of my evo eliminators on my Friends 1100 S

they fit and work fine.

If you have a Termignoni ECU you wont notice much difference as the Termi ECU ignores the O2 sensors below 5000 RPM.
OK, I'll give them a whirl as I have standard ECU.

Thanks!

R
Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #81
RickyX

Just fitted them to my M1100S - fantastic transformation! No more embarrassing jerkiness while riding in town! Very pleased with the result.
Note that the EVO ones are fine on an 1100S despite what the seller said.
Thanks for the tip Rick.
BTW, Brands on the 12th.

R
Old 03-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #82
Nev

I had these from Greek guy ebay. Worked a treat at first then screwed my bike up popping like crazy and loads of power lag. Ducati took them off and said they were making the bike switch between 1 then 2 valves, or was it cylinders ?
Regardless they came off and bike runs fine, apparently only the Fatducs from the states work. Ive been told the termis smooth things out a bit if fitted so thats the plan.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #83
Nev

I had these from Greek guy ebay. Worked a treat at first then screwed my bike up popping like crazy and loads of power lag. Ducati took them off and said they were making the bike switch between 1 then 2 valves, or was it cylinders ?
Regardless they came off and bike runs fine, apparently only the Fatducs from the states work. Ive been told the termis smooth things out a bit if fitted so thats the plan.

If anybody wants them to try your welcome to them.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #84
rick501

02 eliminators

can someone tell me if they work on an '09 m1100
Old 10-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #85
RickyX

Fitted the "EVO" ones on my 08 M1100S so they should be fine on yours.

R
Old 13-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #86
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
So, the O2 sensors keep the butterfly valve in the exhaust pipe (just in front of the can) closed until the engine revs exceed approx 4000 then it opens?

With the sensor eliminators fitted, the butterfly valve remains open at all revs including tickover?
Have I got that right?
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #87
Cobra88

Hi Bigredduke

No mate the O2 sensors continually try to keep the fuel mixture as clean(weak) as possible at lower RPM

which is why these engines don't like running smooth below about 4000 rpm.

Has no effect on exhaust valve that I know about
Old 13-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #88
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Bike: M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke View Post
So, the O2 sensors keep the butterfly valve in the exhaust pipe (just in front of the can) closed until the engine revs exceed approx 4000 then it opens?

With the sensor eliminators fitted, the butterfly valve remains open at all revs including tickover?
Have I got that right?
Buy a DUC.EE and it will get rid of the need to have the butterfly valve.

Then have it chopped out or get new pipes.

On my 796, before I had a custom ti system made (pics on request), I had a 696 pipe put in instead. Meant that I got some space back under the seat as I could move my alarm from the toolkit area to where the butterfly jobbie was.
jonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #89
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra88 View Post
Hi Bigredduke

No mate the O2 sensors continually try to keep the fuel mixture as clean(weak) as possible at lower RPM

which is why these engines don't like running smooth below about 4000 rpm.

Has no effect on exhaust valve that I know about
So at over 4000 revs or thereabouts, the O2 sensors effectively are redundant & only kick in again when the revs drop below 4000 (or whatever the setting happens to be)? or do they monitor throughout the entire rev range?
Old 14-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #90
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

After the (mostly) positive posts on this, I decided to send for a couple of these.

I took the bike for a run, mostly on 40mph roads & through 30mph villages.

A definite improvement. The bike will happily run at 30mph at 2500 revs (no idea what gear though) & pull away cleanly. Much less of the shuddering & constantly feeling the need to change down a gear. The only downside is that I have lost the cocktail shaker on the right-hand side of the bars & it has turned into a brake fluid reservoir. Much more useful but less interesting.

The only side effects seem to be that the engine management light flashed briefly when rapidly slowing into a 30mph zone and the tickover seems to be quite high (2000 revs) for a few seconds after stopping. Then it settles to a normal level.

Last edited by bigredduke; 14-05-2014 at 07:53 PM..