UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » O2 sensor eliminators fitted

Old 30-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #46
Cobra88

Hi David

I fitted a pair to my Neighbour's 796 and it indeed sorted the low speed running.
he also tried them on his mate's 796 hyperMotard and it fixes that too
Old 30-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #47
Davidg1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra88 View Post
Hi David

I fitted a pair to my Neighbour's 796 and it indeed sorted the low speed running.
he also tried them on his mate's 796 hyperMotard and it fixes that too
Nice.....

Thanks for that, can't wait. I'm assuming that fuel consumption will take a hit too?
Old 30-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #48
Cobra88

no mate no hit to fuel consumption.

Just smooths out the low speed running as Ducati's closed loop system is too coarse to cope with low RPM on these bikes.

the Throttle position and engine load etc are still used by the ECU to set the mixture.

it's not dumping in excess fuel when the O2 sensors are disabled.
just not chasing a stupidly low Co2 figure to get through Euro 4 emmisions.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #49
neilo

So does this mean that this mod only affects low speed running, and not right throughout the rev range?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #50
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
So does this mean that this mod only affects low speed running, and not right throughout the rev range?
Yes, it effectively lies to the ecu regarding CO2 at low revs.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #51
Davidg1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra88 View Post
My elimnators have arrived today so will befitting over the weekend. I'm assuming the positions on my 796 should be similar as in this image with only the fuse box to move for the front sensor and the seat off for the rear one?

Do the sensors just fit 'inline' with what's currently there, or does the cable terminate with these and break the cables continued connection (hope that makes sense?)
Old 04-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #52
wezrvf

It breaks the connection. Unplug the sensor currently plugged in and plug the eliminator in its place. You then have the other side hanging free. I just popped some insulation tape over the end and tucked it out of the way.

You will notice the eliminators can not go 'inline' as they only have connections on one side. Hope that makes sense too !

Haha
Old 04-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #53
Davidg1230

Makes perfect sense, thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #54
Davidg1230

So, after about an hour of scratching my head trying to find the sensor behind the fuse box on my bike and nearly giving up, I realized that the front sensor comes from the pipe that loops from the other side of the bike and not like those on the 1100 (pic posted earlier)

Managed to get both sensors changed and it turned out easier than I thought but they both were tightly wedged behind the frame.

Pic posted here for any other 796 owners wanting to change their sensors. Havn't tested yet and I've spent the day cleaning in prep for Goodwood tomorrow. Will go out later and see what it's done the the bike

Old 05-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #55
beds748

Fitted mine a couple of months ago

Didn't do any thing for me ...anyone want em
Old 05-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #56
Davidg1230

To be honest, after a quick ride this afternoon I can't see any major change to low speed Smoothness. Probably need a longer ride tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #57
beds748

Didn't see jack
...ran better with the termi ecu and open pipes and that not plugged in . All I get different is engine management light comes on now and again .

Each to there own .
Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #58
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
My undertanding (from what I was told by Moto Rapido) is as follows:

If you have the full Termi race exhaust system and ECU the O2 sensors are bypassed in the ECU programming so you would notice no difference in low rev behaviour if you had the O2 sensor eliminators fitted.

If you have the slip on Termis and ECU (this is not the same ECU as for the full race exhaust system) then the O2 sensors are still being used, but low rev behaviour is better than standard.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #59
Davidg1230

Well, after my 140 mile round trip to Goodwood today, I can honestly say I've not noticed any change. Maybe this fix is geared more to the 1100's but the bike still feels lumpy at 2000rpm in second and at low speeds, but maybe that's just the way it is?

Slightly disappointed with the result and will now look at putting on a 14t sprocket next time the bike is serviced.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #60
Cobra88

��hi David

Sounds like the termi ecu already sorts the problem

Anyone without one of those will be grateful for your eliminator plugs and not have to wait two weeks for them from greece