UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New 1100 EVO Owner

Old 24-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
tricky73

Hello and Welcome
Old 24-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #17
pompone
MaleDucati

Bike: M900
Hi and welcome!
Old 24-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #18
Bonzo

Hi Matt

Bostin choice of bike mate
Old 25-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #19
Cobra88

Hi Matt

I know what you mean about the Evo

I have owned much faster & better handling bikes and can't believe I am so happy with a bike with only 85 hp at the rear wheel.

But it just works for me in all situations.
only my KTM 690 SMC was this much fun
Old 25-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #20
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hi welcome

Pictures please
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
mattyfish16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazread View Post
Hello and welcome from another M1100evo owner, I used to have an 848 and think that the Monster is much more usable.

The most worthwhile mod I have made is fitting the O2 Sensor Eliminators, see the attached thread for details: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ghlight=sensor
Bazread,

Does this still work with the termis fitted at the factory, is it still worth doing?
Old 29-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
bazread

I have an SC Project Racing single exhaust and it has made the bike a lot less lumpy at low revs. Don't know what it would be like with termi's though - sorry.

Baz.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #23
mattyfish16

I was thinking about the 02 eliminators at the weekend whilst I was riding. Other than the thumping of the V-Twin, the revs idle fine around 2000. I have the race ECu and termis fitted, along with the filter... its obviously makes a difference however I haven't had the pleasure of testing one from standard. ITs booked in for its first service...

Boom... cant wait
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #24
boris
More Tools!

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Welcome fellow owner - another plus vote for the EVO Club. Just don't start looking for bits for it, kid = sweetie shop doesn't even come close
Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #25
mattyfish16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris View Post
Welcome fellow owner - another plus vote for the EVO Club. Just don't start looking for bits for it, kid = sweetie shop doesn't even come close
Ooops - too late... I need to reign myself in. Already taily tidied the little beaut which gives it slick lines, handbar ends, the termis are already fitted. Im thinking, remove rear footpegs, and possibly mini indicators s the next batch but we shall see....

the list is endless as you say....
Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #26
wezrvf

Hi matey, welcome. I am only in Manchester and have an Evo too. Loving it. Fitted ther Termi kit and love it. I have the 02 Eliminators sat there, may put them on but trust me. The standard bike runs awful under 3500 revs. You have not missed anything by not riding it standard.

Which tail tidy did you go for? Did you fit it yourself.

That is my next purchase.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #27
mattyfish16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezrvf View Post
Hi matey, welcome. I am only in Manchester and have an Evo too. Loving it. Fitted ther Termi kit and love it. I have the 02 Eliminators sat there, may put them on but trust me. The standard bike runs awful under 3500 revs. You have not missed anything by not riding it standard.

Which tail tidy did you go for? Did you fit it yourself.

That is my next purchase.
Ah only round the corner from me then, over in Warrington.... I do love the bike, its great and the termis sound fab on the overrun......

I bought a second hand Ducati Performance tail tidy, but it was a pain in the bottom to fit, whether I was dong something wrong or not I don't know but it just didn't seem to fit right and I had to fiddle with the indicator wiring... it got there in the end and does look great.

I don't want to put you off, is worth the effort, and just makes the back end look that bit sweeter even with the standard indicators on....

Worth giving it a go.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #28
Nev

Hi all,

Glad to hear its not just my bike thats rough below 3000 rpm, got myself a 12 plate M1100evo in black a few weeks back (gorgeous). Ordered a 14t sprocket for the front to smooth her out, hopefully sorts the problem If not wallets out - Termis on !

Anyone else have issues finding neutral only while engines running its driving me insane ?

I'm based in Manchester so if any local rideouts are being organised sign me up !
Old 03-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #29
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Hi all,

Glad to hear its not just my bike thats rough below 3000 rpm, got myself a 12 plate M1100evo in black a few weeks back (gorgeous). Ordered a 14t sprocket for the front to smooth her out, hopefully sorts the problem If not wallets out - Termis on !

Anyone else have issues finding neutral only while engines running its driving me insane ?

I'm based in Manchester so if any local rideouts are being organised sign me up !
From what I've read on the forum I'd imagine eliminator s would be the better choice for smoothing and as they are cheap you can get termis as well

Neutral finding seems to be an across the Ducati board issue. I think you learn the knack eventually
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #30
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
From what I've read on the forum I'd imagine eliminator s would be the better choice for smoothing and as they are cheap you can get termis as well

Neutral finding seems to be an across the Ducati board issue. I think you learn the knack eventually
Are they a warranty deal breaker the O2 eliminators, I got the bike with a year left on Ducati warranty. Lots of people rate them but I'm imagining the bike records error codes from changes such as bypassing O2 sensors. Hmmmmm decisions decisions don't wanna screw up the remaining warranty in case something serious goes wrong. I think like people are recommending I just need to clock up some more miles on her and deal with it.... Dry weekend forecast for Manchester yippi