UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » AA Vans - Now Bike Friendly

Old 06-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #16
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunEye View Post
Several years ago I rode from the top of Sierra Nevada in Spain to about 20 miles west of Malaga, about 120 miles in total, without a working clutch. Luckily traffic was light and there was no town riding. I probably wouldn't try something similar in the UK due to the traffic.
That's the spirit..

My favorite "get home or bust story" is of two Ariel Square Four riders, back in the day. Apparently they where up in the Alps somewhere when one of the bikes had it's rear wheel bearings break up. So they greased the back brake shoes, and adjusted them up tightish.
It supported the wheel enough for them to ride all the way to Calias, and back home.
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #17
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post

Come to think of it I might think differently if it was a brand new bike....And congratulatoins on the new Scrambler....Didn't know you had one till you mentioned it above..
You forget we've met chap, so I know you're not

And thanks, yeah impulse buy on the scrambler a couple of months ago. Love it to bits, still got the 1200 and 900. 1200 is pretty much just for track days now, I feel more like I won't lose my license with the scrambler on the few road miles I do these days

The 1200 might be for the chop if the right 848 comes up for a track tool, or I might just go totally insane and SORN the 1200 and turn it in to a very expensive track bike... and cry a lot when I eventually bin it!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #18
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouSCannon View Post
You forget we've met chap, so I know you're not
How could I ever forget...

Your's was the first 1200 I saw and I watched you in my mirror, two feet from my tail all morning with my toes scraping the tarmac...

Best of luck with the Scrambler. Hope to see you again some time soon.....And also looking forward to seeing my first Scrambler in the flesh...
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #19
Goofle

Bike: M900
I had reason to call out the AA yesterday (non Monster related!) and we were discussing this. As said its going to be on the new vans, while some are now in service it will still be a couple of years or more before they all have a bike friendly trailer, as the newer vans (today's newer) get phased out.
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #20
BluprintZ

You forgot to mention that the gearchange was bent like a banana Jim, so you couldn't have ridden it home, clutchless or otherwise.

G ; )
Old 14-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #21
cactus

Bike: M900ie
Aboot time.