UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Paint scheme theft.

Old 25-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #16
He11cat

Mullet?????? lol!!!!...... (I can talk)

Are you looking to do something with the frame and swing arm ???
Or just the paint ??
Old 25-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Not mullet, just no scissors this millenium.

On the day I bought the bike I decided that the gold frame and wheels were fine and I always planned to leave them alone. Battery acid has stained the left side though. Not much and I could touch it up, but I could also see myself having it done black though, once I see the other paint in the flesh. I wont chop the frame though, cos I like to be able to carry a pillion or luggage. Been hankering after a tubular swingarm for a while, since seeing a post on here a couple of months ago .....I'll post that pic later too. Actually, I prefer the one on the Dutch bike though, now I know its a double sider...single siders look cool but offend my sense of engineering sensibility. I might just spray my silver, boxy steel swingarm gold though, cos the other options offend my sense of maximum return from minimal expenditure.

And Dave, I do rather like your new paint, as far as I can see just yet. Spangly purple frame with er....that colour of wheels is, and probably always will be, undescribably unique. When you gonna take off the wraps ?
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #18
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Actually.....or is it a single sider after all. I think it is, and a std one at that. Scuse my ignorance.
Old 25-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #19
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Not a single sider, it has a curved r/h side to allow clearance for the silencer
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #20
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Here's an attempt at posting pics. Dunno if it'll work.

[IMG]C:\users\jeff\my pictures\tricolore monster.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]C:\users\jeff\my pictures\trelswingarmbike.jpg[/IMG]
Old 25-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #21
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Here's a tank that I'd love to replicate, don't know what it's off but I'm not painting my blue one, so I'll just have to buy a project

Old 25-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #22
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
And Dave, I do rather like your new paint, as far as I can see just yet. Spangly purple frame with er....that colour of wheels is, and probably always will be, undescribably unique. When you gonna take off the wraps ?
Next year when it finally gets the last couple of parts fitted and i make sure it's together right. Frame's burnt amber with flecks that are green or red depending on angle. Wheels are metallic mustard/orange/gold. Body is, well, it has several colours. But I like your style as it's actually a tricolore in disguise.
Old 25-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #23
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah blah View Post

Now that's retro in a really good way.
Old 25-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #24
Char
We're all mad here

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Fancy this without the corse badge - would match my helmet
http://www.store.commoto.com/ducati-...ank-p-314.html
Old 25-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #25
animaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Dave View Post
Am I blind? I was looking forward to seeing this bike because of the description, right up to the point I saw it.... It's very 80's looking.

The bike and work is all great, the swinger and stuff, but i'd just rip off the tank and do it in a classier red and green with a stylish Ducati badge.

It's always best to be unique.
If its 80's looking Hellcat will like
Old 25-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #26
He11cat

@ utopia the other tubular swing arm going about is mega bucks I think!!!
I have access to tubular and a pipe bender lucky for me.
But sadly at the mo got to stop till I know what way life will turn.
But I have some bits..
If I found a very good job .. A cheap doner bike may be an option as a long term project just a case of fate now but I have a clear idea in my brain

I'm joking about mullets if anything mines well iffy Mullety hair lol!
If you have long hair good for you!!!
Long hair rocks
@ sadly animal I am an 80 s reject however I don't like the ruddy HUman League DEpeche Mode or kajableedin go go bleugh ..

Last edited by He11cat; 25-10-2010 at 11:00 PM..
Old 25-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #27
He11cat

I'm sure the picture of the tubular swing arm that was knocking around on here was also a single sided one .. Please let me recall something of use for once!
Old 27-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #28
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia
...would be very grateful for contact details Rob...
PM sent re contact details
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #29
Bodybag

COuld I suggest that if yours is a genuine GSE rep, you buy another tank and coling rather than destroy what you already have. There are second hand tanks kicking about all over the place.

You can then keep that tank etc. or even sell it on as a rarity, rather than have it disappear altogether?!
Old 28-10-2010, 01:21 AM   #30
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bodybag, you read my mind. Thats exactly what I plan to do. The plan is to replace the orange bellypan, seat cowl and front mudguard with carbon, then get another tank to spray up, so's I can keep all the original stuff (which I have to say is actually pretty damn nice) ....at least until I've seen what the new stuff looks like in the flesh. Ok, it means I have to fork out for the carbon, but its carbon on the cheap really, cos I'll save loads by only needing to have the tank sprayed. Also, with just one item to spray, its less dauntimg as a first time diy spray job, so I reckon thats what I'll do...spend the cash on a compressor and spray gun and do it myself,..../.just the tank...easy peasy...!
So, in a few months time, if anyone fancies a full, Dream Machine, Bayliss GSE rep monster paint job, I might just have one for sale. Then again, as I've said before, this bike is a definite keeper so I might hang on to both sets of livery.
Btw, most of the carbon is coming from Rac3r, and I can vouch for the quality of his stuff.
Anyone got a carby tank hanging around in the shed...? (to fit a 2000 M750)
Also....it takes a lot longer to get up north.....the slow way.........sorry, Ian Dury moment..I mean't to say...
Also....Its gratifying to note that none of you have come back with criticisms of my proposed colour scheme theft...I'll take that as a positive, but Slob has provided me with contact details of the owner of the machine of my infatuation anyway (ta) so I can ask permission.
The way things are looking with the carbon so far, I think I might go for the same layout in green, white and black, with just a red pinstripe somewhere and some minimal tricolore graphics over the carbon.
So how addictive is tweaking yer monster.....!!!!..?