UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insurance up 25% why?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #16
lisyloo

In some respects ebike are great.
But as soon as you have to do something that their on-line system cannot cater for then you have problems.
e.g. You can add another rider on-line as long as they have NO claims. This is instantaneous and you get a quote and can do it all on-line.
BUT if you want to do add another rider with claims, then their system will not cater for that and it will take a few days to do it by email.
Furthermore you won't be able to get through to anyone on the phone, although you can lsiten to a lot of recorded messages for £1 pre minute if you like.

So brilliant 95% of the time, but not when you need some service.
You cannot get hold of anyone.
I've been unlucky and twice needed to make changes at short notice and thay have caused me a great deal of stress.

But otherwise they are great value, just be aware of the "trade-off".
Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #17
julesbristol

Hastings were best for me. I'm 29 but this is my first bike that's not a Vespa, so had zero NCD. £185 TPFT in Bristol including breakdown cover.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #18
Paivi

It's worthwhile checking how much the insurance changed if you upgraded the security on the bike, a better chain or Tracker, or improved the rider skills through BikeSafe, IAM or Rospa.

Another thing that tends to lower the insurance is if you have another bike, as they know that the bikes get lower mileage, so are less likely to develop a fault. Also, if one's in the garage, they may not have to provide a courtesy bike as you'll probably be happy to use your second one.

But the best way to get cheaper insurance is still to become a woman, we get 30% discounts.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #19
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
£202 for me with Carole Nash, pillion and Euro breakdown cover as well. 3 years NCB.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #20
OplayneO

First bike, new license, 29, sp50 and a pillion =£350 fully comp. I asked about security and i could only get a maximum of 15% discount and that was for 2 devices. factory imobiliser and chain(thatcham apporved), i said i had a ground anchor and disk lock but would not make any difference so did not add it. It was with adrian flux (bikesure?) that was the cheapest by far from CN, ducati etc...