UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » S4R 6000 mile service - OH DEAR!

Old 05-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #16
rjc

I just had a chat with Moto Rapido and they're talking about just shy of £400 in VAT so we're definately heading in the right direction!
Old 05-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #17
Shauns4

If Ducati had reasonable servicing costs they would probably sell more bikes and make more money in the process, £690 for a bike that has been no where (6000 miles) in the real world cannot be justified.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #18
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
[QUOTE=bigredduke]'kin hell! - that's outrageous!
This is the first annual service isn't it? I had mine serviced at Italia Moto in Lincoln and they charged about £250 all in. They will also loan you a bike providing you pre-book. They are very busy though & you need to give them significant notice. Ther number is 01522 511851 ask for Craig in service.

Just checked my invoice. for the first 10,000km (6,000 mile,12 month) service, I was charged £213 by ItaliaMoto in Lincoln.
Very happy with the service. I think that they are all ex-RAF Scampton chaps so undoubtedly properly trained!
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #19
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Natty - I hope everything goes ok - and you mentioned my name when booking it in?

- cos I am pushing for £1 off my next service for each recco I bring in!

Their pricing is quite flexible there, as I get DSC 10% discount too - and costs will depend on whether you brought the bike from them etc too.

I wont tell you what my last service cost for the 1000sie (its 6000/1st annual one) cos you will spit your beer out, but it was much less than most are paying for it........... :lol: (the recco's had obviously worked in getting my discounts! )

C :burnout:
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #20
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Dont worry..your name was mentioned mate..

What a cracking little showroom eh ??! I'd love a little business like that.

Have to say that along with JHP, thats the friendliest welcome ive ever had from an official duke dealer.

Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #21
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I was getting all at the thought of not going in very often soon, when HRH is out of warranty in Jan, cos AK will be doing the service work.
But.... after the shopping I did yesterday, I'll still be seeing them for a longish while yet - although they dont yet know ! :lol:

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #22
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc
I think I'll be using this months weekend-day pass for going to the Brighton Speed Trials on Saturday.

Speaking of which, is anyone else going?
There should be a few of us there, and we usually head off to Al Duomo's for lunch (you can park your bike next to the restaurant - well, we have the past two years anyway...)

Should be at the restaurant from about midday...

JennyMo

xxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg map to Al Duomo.jpg (69.6 KB, 10 views)