UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » London » Ducati Launch Central London Store

Old 16-03-2004, 09:02 AM   #16
A Yerbury

no you loon! T'was a facisimile of an sw10 inhabiting harley/ducati/tvr/boxter owning rugby shirt clad city boy..yah, zalutely, bluddy top tottie etc etc.

Dammit, if I was still with Ms Ace Cafe I could have been on that vip list..curses and double curses!!

Alex.
Old 16-03-2004, 10:12 AM   #17
LeMarsu

Well I had to move into Central London due to family issues... at the beginning of the month.

There are lots of Sloanies here.. Yah Yah !

But, don't worry I get them back to earth with my High Level, early in the morning...

All the other monsters in the area are Standard Everything..
I would like to see some of the Sloanies looking for a Starbucks at Box Hill or at Ace looking for a Smoked Salmon toast and the Bubbly Yah Yah, Jolly Good All Chapp!
Old 16-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #18
A Yerbury

speaking as an ex ace kitchen manager I dread to think what sanjay and maggi would do with the salmon, not that long ago I had to explain that one doesn,t fry custard......scary!
a bientot!
Old 16-03-2004, 11:28 AM   #19
Melnie Mouse

Jay, just incase you didn't know, this new store is still owned by DLS, it's the same company... they're millionaires, started off by hairdressing would you believe.... amongst other things i'm sure...
Old 16-03-2004, 04:21 PM   #20
Jay

Yup, me knows, the Marcello chap (or whatever his name is) looks every bit a hairdresser, but a friendly chap. I found the DLS fine, just it's a crap ride from my place, Kensington is so much prettier!
Old 16-03-2004, 04:52 PM   #21
Melnie Mouse

oh, ok. I don't really know London that well, but i'm coming to ace cafe italian day 9th may that should be good... you going? know any others that are going?
Old 16-03-2004, 05:35 PM   #22
Jay

Yup I reckon. Went to last years, a few others from the board came along as well. Lots of nice italian trinkets! Best thing is, only italian bikes and cars (even a fiat I remember) are alowed to park outside the front, the rest are relegated to much inferior parking arangements!
Old 16-03-2004, 05:58 PM   #23
A Yerbury

feel the wrath of ex copper wilmsmore.
Old 16-03-2004, 07:40 PM   #24
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Ah, I didn't know you used to slave in the galley of the Good Ship Ace Cafe? Note that I am sad that I can't plop an accent on the 'e' of Cafe as the Ace is definitely now a Caff-ay as opposed to the old Caff.... Should appeal to the aforementioned two wheeled twats who buy a Ducati 'cos some lifestyle mag tells them it is now trendy. Toss pots....
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 08:17 PM   #25
A Yerbury

well I was roped in occasionally by my ex....she was there from the off running the place with Mark as the "face". Still have a bit of a love/hate for the place as It was a burden, there s nowt worse than mopping floors together at 3 on a sunday morning, tearing back through London past people spilling out of the 333 "that could be me/us!!" getting back to a cold narrow boat in bromley by bow, only to have to shoot back six hours later to slop out more bacon butties for sodding featherbed day day.........aarrrgh! never again!

yerbs-best black pudding in the west.........

ps:I'm cafe with an inflection on the e! as in Paris/Pareee
Old 18-03-2004, 01:36 PM   #26
CraigW

I just passed by & stopped to have a look, unloading a 999 and a multistrada, all looks pretty smart.
Old 20-03-2004, 08:12 PM   #27
craigie
Only bronze?

went today to have a look, only saw one monster; dark with a single seat unit, but didn't know whose it was.

funnily enough it looks just like DLS but smaller.
met the guy, Mark, who sold me my bike in Daytona @ Angel. he now works at DLC and told me that Daytona are losing their Ducati 'officialness' at the end of this year and going totally Suzuki.

didn't wait for Troy but there were alot of bods who were waiting, makes me smile grown men collecting autographs.

anyway maybe us Londoners can meet up another time eh?

cheers

Craig
craigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 08:35 PM   #28
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Is that Mark as in the one on the parts desk at Ruislip Daytona? If the dark in question had a Road Racing under swing arm exhaust then it was his... Damn about Daytona losing their Ducati dealership as they were very convenient for me at Ruislip and Mark and his mate always give me good discount. Bugger...
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 08:41 PM   #29
A Yerbury

was mark the south african skinny bloke or the oriental geezer?

-sulk- Didnt give ME a discount..........
Old 20-03-2004, 09:11 PM   #30
Steph

Sorry craigie, I was going to go as I work up that way. It
would have been good to put faces to some names.

I'll probably pop in after work one day this week.

But us London lot should meet up anyway!!

Steph