UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » new biker

Old 23-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #16
HereticBalloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffyraf1 View Post
they are normal just a screw thread with wires down the middle and a nut to hold it on to whatever its fixed too
I cant upload the picture as they are two big. I have just had a look again and they are part of the tailtidy I think, sothe plastic that it was held on with just snapped, it wasnt held on with anything but the plastic.
Old 23-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #17
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticBalloon View Post
I cant upload the picture as they are two big. .
Try these http://postimage.org/ there is a resizing option. Without pics it's difficult to advise

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #18
HereticBalloon

Cheers Dirty, I will remember that site heres the link http://s22.postimg.org/i7cn0jnrl/1398280007833.jpg

Thanks for the help again guys.
Old 24-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #19
Dirty
Bockloks

Quote:
Cheers Dirty, I will remember that site heres the link http://s22.postimg.org/i7cn0jnrl/1398280007833.jpg

Thanks for the help again guys.
You're welcome. You probably went a bit too small ha ha but we can see the problem.

Yep, looks like the indicator is intact but the part of the tail tidy that it attached to has snapped off. No easy fix, you could try and bodge something in there for a temp repair whilst you keep an eye on ebay for a replacement tidy.

Another pic tip. Just above the text box that you type into is a little yellow square -> . If you press that then paste the link in there it will show up on your post

like this

Old 26-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #20
HereticBalloon

Dirty, thanks again for your help.

I think thats what i will do; I was planning in the future to replace the tidy anyway wth something a bit smaller and more compact, and after reading the threads I am going to have a look at the evotech eliminator, and try to sort the issue with the indicators at the same time. No doubt that if I have caught it once I wil end up doing it again.

Have you made many modifications to your bike?

Cheers,
Ollie
Old 26-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #21
Dirty
Bockloks

Quote:
Dirty, thanks again for your help.

I think thats what i will do; I was planning in the future to replace the tidy anyway wth something a bit smaller and more compact, and after reading the threads I am going to have a look at the evotech eliminator, and try to sort the issue with the indicators at the same time. No doubt that if I have caught it once I wil end up doing it again.

Have you made many modifications to your bike?

Cheers,
Ollie
A couple, tail chop (I made my own tail tidy, nothing on the market did what I was after), custom exhaust manifold, Mivv 'exhaust', bit of carbon here and there, raised tail, twin projector headlights, twin disc conversion, bar end mirrors, rear sets, the usual stuff