UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » MCE versus DucatiInsurance

Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
I also go with Ducati Insurance, happy with all the mods (although the say they'll only replace with standard) and £114 fully comp for the 900 which is exactly £0 more than I was paying for my M750
Old 18-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
Dinkybiker

I've just insured my 696 for £147 fully comp with Ducati.
the previous 2 years I've insured my bike thru Swinton with Equity Red Star, they wanted £226.
Happy Monster owner
Old 14-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #18
yorkshirepuddin

Hi,

Rather new here but here is my 2 pence worth.

I was with MCE and had an accident recently (Car did a u turn from stationary traffic whilst i was slowly filtering past).

MCE made me claim against my insurance first rather than his, The accident recovery was not used as police called in their own company, MCE are awkward to talk to (Different person everytime you call) They wanted a further £63 to cover solicitors costs even though i had cover !, The underwriters (Aviva) paid out on the bike very fast !! (plus point) however MCE would not pay out for the clothing & helmet (over a £1000) until all claims are settled which could be months away. MCE are being very cagy about the claim and i have a feeling that they are only interest is themselves and not me (I know call me stupid !!). They make more money if i claim on my policy and then claim back and then price hike on premiums in future !!

IMO i will be going through Ducati insurance with my new bike, the quote looks very reasonable and i will check this week regarding the mods (exhaust), as for breakdown i will organise a private cover direct with a supplier (TBC).