UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Advice Needed for Potential Buyer.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllySol View Post
Want to sell me your M600 then?
Its the wife's

and the descision is hers

and she does not make decisions......................................... ......
Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
davkyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllySol View Post
No, i'll definetly be going for an earlier model. You guys haven't heard of petrol additive i take it then?
it doesnt work.....
Old 04-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
ColchesterM600

Hello mate
speaking as an 18 year old with a M600 they are good bikes to take down to 33bhp i took it out before and after i had to have it taken down and i didnt really notice a difference in performance.
They don't like the cold (well mine doesnt) but apart from that they are a lovely bike.
you will find yourself buying little things for it to make it look pretty though lol.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
my M750 runs sweet and starts easy in cold weather ,just need 5 mins warm up.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
Got a 1995 M600 and it does suffer carb iceing when certain weather conditions (damp and a fairly narrow range of cold around 0C) - freezing fog is the worst. Petrol additives help, but not a total cure. Ducati also did a carb heater kit which uses hot oil from engine to warm the carbs and stop them icing. These were fitted as a free mod to some bikes (though it is not a formal recall) in the early days. I've had the bike from new but never got the kit fitted at the time as they ran out of kits and I moved away from the dealer I'd bought it from so never followed up. But few years ago after a really bad bout of carb iceing I wrote a couple of letters to Ducati UK who after a bit of persausion gave me a kit for free (though I had to pay to have it fitted). It works pretty well for winter and there is a valve so you can turn it off for the rest of the year....

So don't be put off the M600, it is a good bike and the carb issues can be sorted and anyway are only a problem with certain specific weather conditions at limited times of the year (and I find revving the nuts off it helps too )
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

I had a 600 engine fitted to mine originally and it was a superb motor! I had the carb heater kit fitted as standard and it helped a little with carb icing.

I rode the beast in all weathers, snow, ice and the occasional bit of sunshine and dry road!

Good choice to start off with!

Yorkie.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote