UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Panther's Monsters

Old 10-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #16
weimeranerman

The bike looks great but that headlight is truly awful. It really does not suit the bike!
Old 13-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #17
littlejimmy12

I had the speedymoto belt covers and to be honest, waste of money! bike looked better with no covers. Also on the S2R the soft rubber belt surround which the covers screwed into meant that the front speedy belt cover was loose!! something they didn;t tell me when I mentioned it and they were already aware of the defect!! on other monsters the housing is not rubber and its not an issue
Old 13-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #18
littlejimmy12

I see you took of the panels like I said, in my pesonal opinion what your heading towards is a stripped down monster, like mine was. I love these monnies, less is more. When you start adding stuff like the KTM light I think you start confusing the end goal. Mine was always to take as much off as I could, not to save weight but to get back to the basics. One of the better additions I saw was a replacememnt of the insturment clocks with a single unit (chrome or black) that did everything in one. My opionin keep stripping the bike back, keep thinking about ways to relocate stuff to unclutter the bike.

god I miss my monster :-(
Old 02-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #19
Panther

littlejimmy, I only just read your last comment.

Not sure if the HT coil is in the same position on yous, did you grind of the brackets that holds it on to frame Or just re-route the HT Coil. See Below.

I 100% agree less is more on a monster, but my inspiration behind the KTM lights, saw this pictures when I first join the forum.

After a bit of searching I've found out it's Simon's aka 'Marchesini' bike. What a thing of beauty!!!

After wanting to find more pictures of Simons bike, I recently stumbled across his Website. I hope you don't might me linking it here. You can really see how much effort he has gone to, with no expense spared!

CLICK CLICK

And here are some older pics of his bike with the KTM headlight or ??

http://www.simonvicki.co.uk/wheels_p...4_stage_2.html

I might look into sliming down the side profile of the KTM light if fitted but I'm still not sure if I'm going to fit it at all.
Today I went to a few local spray shops today and the are quoting me £120-140 to get it resprayed....(I've no idea how reasonable this is, sounds expensive?) So should I also get a belly pan and get that painted up at the same time and save a few $$$?

Well I'm of To Libya tomorrow night, So it will give me 5 weeks to think things over. (and save my money )

Cheers for reading

P*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (32.6 KB, 164 views)
Old 02-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #20
Panther

I think the lines on the KTM headlight really compliments the tank. As well as being unique (apart from copying simon :P)

p.s sorry about my sh*t english, if you have not guessed already I'm dyslexic

Last edited by Panther; 02-03-2010 at 01:14 AM..
Old 28-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #21
Fugly

Hi Panther,

As a question, what make of exhaust is that you have on your Monster?

Fugly
Old 28-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #22
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugly View Post
Hi Panther,

Fugly
Looks like Sil's to me.. BTW, I don't mind the headlight, but you may have to trim it down a bit..
Old 29-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #23
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugly View Post
Hi Panther,

Fugly
The exhausts on the yellow one are Sil Moto exhausts,

The grey one are custom exhausts made by nrpexhausts

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Pomp I think the headlight needs to be trimmed down too, from the side I think it looks a bit big. I would not know the best way to do this with out me messing it up. Also then the headlight is flush with the forks it's a really close fit rounds the clocks ready. So the plan is to paint part of the sides black to made it look slimmer.
Old 29-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #24
rac3r

Have you thought about an MT 03 headlight?

Old 30-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #25
littlejimmy12

[QUOTE=Panther;341195]littlejimmy, I only just read your last comment.

Not sure if the HT coil is in the same position on yous, did you grind of the brackets that holds it on to frame Or just re-route the HT Coil. See Below.

I ground of the brackets....cut my finger and partially went through the HT coil as well!!
Old 30-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #26
Panther

Am I allowed to laugh at that?
Old 13-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #27
Panther

After seeing Neil bike post (lovley bike mate) + knowing I'm about to be away from my bike for 5 weeks, and also feeling very low due to having flu for the last 6 days.
Here is another self-indulged post / update No real changes to the bike, just fitted a new bracket to hold the old headlight. The seat cowl had been removed, but that's because it's at the paint for them to use as a colour match.

me (I've no idea why I don't look very happy, that was taken when I just passed my mot lol)

Last edited by Panther; 13-06-2010 at 05:17 PM..
Old 13-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #28
neilbaldry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
After seeing Neil bike post (lovley bike mate) + knowing I'm about to be away from my bike for 5 weeks, and also feeling very low due to having flu for the last 6 days.
Cheers for the mad props Panther!

But you talk about being away from your bike for 5 weeks................ I havent ridden mine since last September, and due to my being in the Falklands over last summer, only got out on mine twice last year (probs about 300 miles tops - and one of the 2 trips was to get an MOT and service)

Ive almost certainly forgotten how to ride now!

Bike looks good though, love the single swinging look! But if you really want to change the headlights, try this sort of setup.............

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...ATT5218879.jpg
Old 13-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #29
littlejimmy12

have you thought about sticking on some clip ons??? I had the same bars on your bikes 'twin' ha ha ha and there so upright!
Old 13-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #30
He11cat

Thanks for that.. I have two sets of side panels here (one carbon) .. 3 including what's on my bike...I quite like the no side panel look!! grrrrr...

But I will have a set painted up anyway and see if I like them.

Sorry to say but I like your bike with the nice round headlight..
It looks right with the clip on's stylish!

I eventually may put clip on's on mine as I find them comfy to be honest.

Its a nice classic looking bike .. I really like it .. I like the exhausts system as well, tucked under.
Lurvley bike .. but I am not keen on the Katie headlight sorry.. not on a monnie , but each to their own and its what makes you happy at the end of the day.

Your bike looks really low .. or your very tall!
Mine was parked by another M600 the other day , I didn't think mine was that low but it looked like a toy next to another M600 my bikes so low to the ground its pretty funny.