UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » The Death of my Monster

Old 04-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #16
Paivi

Glad to hear you're on the mend. The Monster, too, will be as good as new with a bit of T-cut.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #17
David Matthews

Bike: S2r 1000
[QUOTE=Nickj;226530]
BBC kinda implies you collided with them rather than them mowing you down. One of those outraged reader stern letters to them I'd think for trying to prejudge the accident and implying you maniacally attacked the police van.

I expect the BBC repeated the account given by the Police, without bothering to check the facts.

As the Police repeatedly tell us about the high standard and discipline of their drivers, the Police van driver should be both severely disciplined within the force and dealt with in a court of law.

Do I sound annoyed? I had a minor scrape with a Police car many years ago and although it wasn't my fault, they closed ranks and did their best to scare me sh**tless.

I sincerely hope that you get justice in this case Pete.
David Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #18
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Hurrmpfff Discipline!?!?! Bring back the birch I say ...

Perhaps they were just trying it out to see how fast they could go. Sill a white van is still a white van no matter how many stickers you put on it.. White van-ness will always out
Old 05-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #19
DesmoDom

I own a white van and I almost killed a biker on the Isle of man this year, mind you he was on my side of the road doing warp speed around a blind bend towards me. His eyes were the size of dinner plates
But it must have been my fault as I have a white van and as you know, all white van drivers are out to kill bikers, the same as all bikers are crazed lunatics, hell bent on causing as much havoc as possible, without the slightest care for other road users.

Baz
Old 05-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
A white van and an S4 !!!! Is the world safe in the face of such a combination!!!
LOL

A mate has a picture presented to him one of those mobile speed partnership vans as a souvenier, though quite how they help us to go fast I'm unsure, sheesh did he look suprised on the snap.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #21
Rudolph Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Matthews View Post
I expect the BBC repeated the account given by the Police, without bothering to check the facts.
As with most of the media, the BBC tends not to let truth or fact get in the way of a good story. The more hysteria they can create, the better their viewing/listening figures & sales of publications.

Yes you can call me old & cynical.

Hope you're recovering well Petek.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #22
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Hope you are getting better!

Now thats an extreme tail chop!!!

Yorkie.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote