UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Racing » My week at the Isle of Man TT.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
BluprintZ

My week at the Isle of Man TT.

I was part of "Team Huws Racing" for race week at the TT, from 7th - 12th June.
http://www.iomtt.com/Home/Forum/Show...?PostID=199005

I was in charge of the tyre warmers and general cleanliness of the race bike, a brand new Suzuki GSXR-1000.

By the time i arrived at the pits on Friday afternoon, after a sailing on the ferry from Heysham port, the race bike had already run in the Pokerstars Superbike TT race on Saturday 5th June.
The rider, Alan Connor from Ireland managed a time of 01:56:46 with a speed of 116.321 mph, winning him a bronze medal.

Alan also ran in the Dainese Senior TT on the 11th June, with a time of 01:18:35 and a speed of 115.228 mph.

The senior race was red flagged after Guy Martin crashed, with his bike bursting into flames and setting fire to several crash-bales.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/8739016.stm

Race week was a mixture of excitement and sadness, although this is the side of pure roadracing that will always cast a shadow on the event.
For those who have never raced, or have not been involved in a race team, it can be both delightful and crap, within a matter of minutes (ask CK & AK).

It was only by the grace of god that Alan didn't suffer an off in practice, as the rear brake and footrest bracket snapped just before he entered Creg-ny-baa corner.

It seemed to be a manufacturing fault in the casting!!
So, a new one was ordered from another company, this time with billet bracket...at £500.
Obviously we are looking at some form of compensation from the company who supplied the faulty component, as it most certainly wrecked what was going to be a good practice time.

Anyway, having been part of a race crew and mostly enjoying it, even when it hammered it down with rain and a nippy high wind on Monday and Tuesday, i saw a side of the TT that i hadn't realised how stressful and knackering it could be but i also made some good friends, with a nod from presenter Craig Doyle in parc-ferme...in the rain.

I took quite a few pics and a mate took pics of all the racers in the senior at Ballacraine, plus a video of the whole race.
Unfortunately it's in MOV format, so i need to transfer it to MPEG before i can stick it up on Youtube and post the link, probably tomorrow.

The link below is for the pics:

http://s513.photobucket.com/albums/t...sic/TT%202010/

G ; ) .

Last edited by BluprintZ; 15-06-2010 at 09:48 AM..