UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Helmet and Leathers insurance.

Old Today, 10:15 AM   #1
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Helmet and Leathers insurance.

Last month some mong drove into me and caused me to have a crash on my Suzuki GSX1400. I made a claim against him as it was clearly his fault and all was going very slowly until he claimed it was me who rode into him, he said he was in the inside lane and I changed lanes and hit him, on the inside. I didn't realise I was riding on the pavement, so we are in a fight he can't win as I have a witness who saw him move from the outside lane into me.

Anyway all the insurance has changed tack as we are sorting out liability. So my helmet and leathers insurance have been in contact and I have to prove I actually owned the gear I was riding in, so unless I have receipts for my riding gear I have to provide pictures of me in the gear or pictures of the gear in my home (apparently it's in the small print of my insurance document) which we all read, right.

So unless you have receipts for all your bike gear I suggest you all take pictures of it so you can prove you own it before you have a crash. And after an accident take pictures of the site, the other vehicle, the other driver and selfies of you and your gear to prove you were wearing it at the time.