UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Bikesure.

Old 21-08-2024, 11:09 AM   #16
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawsue View Post
I moved my 6 wheel Carole Nash policy this year after 20 years with them….and split it into bikes with Bikesure on a multi-bike and car to Go Skippy…..I know ! So far so good, though. Like comments above I dread insurance renewal time…..
I've had a 6 wheel policy with CN for many years as well .My renewal's coming up too. Did you save any cash?
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2024, 04:18 PM   #17
crawsue
Bronze Member

Bike: M1100evo
Unfortunately I had a brush with the Law last year and although it only resulted in a £100 fine and 3 points (CD 30) it has had a dramatic effect on all my car/ bike insurance.
CN wanted about +£200 before they learned about the conviction…it then nearly doubled.
So although I’m paying Bikesure more it was the lessor of two evils.
My wife’s car (Clio) was insured in my name , she was named 2nd driver, with Privilege Insurance, I changed it to her being 1st named and me as 2nd, when Privilege learned of my “issue” the renewal, which was already £110 more was withdrawn and they hiked it from £288…..to £1240……One conviction in 40 years. We moved on and renewed for £410.
crawsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2024, 04:35 PM   #18
motomartin11

Oh dear. You really can't win with insurers can you. It's such a pain renewing with multiple vehicles and I'm sure CN know this.I'll wait and see how much my 6 Wheel renewal is and take it from there. I did spend ages getting a quote from another insurer on a multi-bike policy a few years ago but it was no better than CN.
Old 22-08-2024, 10:38 AM   #19
crawsue
Bronze Member

Bike: M1100evo
CN’s inclusive UK/Europe breakdown seems to be worth around £90….which has to be taken into account as well.
crawsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2024, 11:13 AM   #20
motomartin11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawsue View Post
CN’s inclusive UK/Europe breakdown seems to be worth around £90….which has to be taken into account as well.
Yes agreed.

My problem is I also have a sports car on cover with another insurer who don't provide breakdown cover so I have a catchall RAC policy for me and the wife on all our vehicles so I'm effectively paying over the odds.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:21 AM   #21
dunf

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Bikesure have just been in touch with me and the good news is they are looking to renew their ad next year.
They have pointed out their "Forever Bikes" section of their website and it turns out to be quite interesting.

https://www.bikesure.co.uk/forever-bikes/

You can submit pictures and a story of a favourite bike you have owned for many years and pampered (or not) along the way.
Of particular interest to me was stumbling upon Martyn Guest's story. I've known Martyn for a very long time and he sometimes manages to get to our local meets on some bike or other, usually his Commando.
His story was more intricate that I imagined it was going to be and a fascinating read.

I'm not sure my Monster is old or interesting enough for their pages, but well worth a look and maybe someone on here could offer them something? Be good to see a Monster story on there.
Its a bit ironic they feature something like this yet refuse to provide any agreed value cover for those very same bikes......
dunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 08:33 PM   #22
motomartin11

Just got my CN renewal and it's only gone up by £4 so I'm sticking with them.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:32 AM   #23
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
my Bikesure renewal went down last time..