UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Dont complain about Ducati parts ,

Old 31-08-2024, 04:23 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Dont complain about Ducati parts ,

i have just ordered some parts for a Ducati they were relatively cheap ,,, available of the shelf , also fixed an HD and a Yamaha for a pal same same , parts off the shelf and cost was reasonable ....

Compare that to Kawasaki UK which is known in the industry as the most expensive for parts by a mile beating all the so called expensive makes by a huge margin , thats if you can even get the damn parts ,

My daughters Ninja 650 which I have been riding as all my Ducatis are off the road ,now has a broken Clutch cable and There are none available in UK Kawasaki are the most expensive for spare but never have any stock , Phoned 9 Kawasaki main dealers and some after market suppliers M$P , wemoto etc apparently its a 3 to 6 month wait for Kawasaki Parts !!!!!!!!!!!including CLUTCH CABLE which is a critical part .

, I do have one coming from Holland and another from Thailand where they have plenty in the Kawasaki dealers hopefully they arrive next week ???
Also thailand price £9.40 thats genuine kawasaki , Holland £21,30 +£5 post

UK price £44.95 and they dont have any ?????

every time i work on her bike im shocked at Kawasaki Prices ,, a fairing side panel less that 30cm x30cm £878 and the single decal for it another £103 ,,, thats ridiculous .

Im tired , of it all ,,,
Old 01-09-2024, 09:23 AM   #2
mickj

Bike: M1200s
I have a suzuki GSX1400 and often use kawasaki parts as they are cheaper then suzuki parts so it works both ways I suppose. Bottom line is that all bike parts are bloody expensive.
Old 02-09-2024, 12:17 PM   #3
jerry
Old Git

i have a old school friend who is a major shareholder in one of UK's biggest multi franchise Motorcycle companies ,, they sell all the big 4 Jap makes and Indian ,MV ,Triumph,Guzzi, KTM and CF moto and some scooter makes he has told me many times that Kawasaki are the most outrageous for spares markups of all of the others... He lives on his yacht in the Med most of the year he also owns a few car franchises
Old 12-09-2024, 07:16 AM   #4
jerry
Old Git

My wife came back from Thailand with 6 genuine Kawasaki clutch cables ,, she got them for £8.40 each i have already sold 3 on Fleabay for £30 inc postage . One of the buyers was actually a Kawasaki mechanic FFS I had a chat with him he is angry with Kawasaki about spares , said they have a workshop full of Kawasakis waiting months for parts . My daughter is out in Thailand I have asked her to get some more bits now for him from Kawasaki dealer in Bangkok and Pattaya .