UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Searching for a bracket to fit a high mounted exhaust

Old 17-06-2024, 05:22 PM   #1
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Yeh, take a look at this auction for an S4 DP high-level kit:

Ducati Monster M900 M400 S4 Termignoni Full Exhaust Muffler

Note the complete set of shouldered bolts & spacers?

IIRC, S4 kits were offered in 3 flavours:

-100 - Slip-ons & ECU
-200 - Slip-ons, DP airbox cover/K&N filter, ECU
-300 - Slip-ons, DP airbox cover/K&N filter, 50mm headers & ECU

All of the DP ECUs supplied with these kits had separate part #'s - eg unique for each kit. Presumably a different map flashed on it..

This apparently restored most of the power that the 916 lost from the 44mm (I think) headers that the factory used on the S4.
spuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2024, 05:57 PM   #2
Foggy

Bike: M600
Quote:
Yes that’s really helpful thanks I can see the longer bolts. Don’t suppose you know how long they are ? The Ducati parts map has them on mine as Part No 77911181A but there are no specification details. Just need to check I am looking at the right ones and whether they will fit on the right hand side (with spacers).
Foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2024, 06:43 PM   #3
spuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Yes that’s really helpful thanks I can see the longer bolts. Don’t suppose you know how long they are ? The Ducati parts map has them on mine as Part No 77911181A but there are no specification details. Just need to check I am looking at the right ones and whether they will fit on the right hand side (with spacers).
To be clear, the shouldered part of the bolts are identical. The ones that came with the kit for use with the spacers have a longer thread to accommodate the spacers.

I just faffed with the calipers. Without taking the hangers off to get a more accurate reading, I'm gonna stick with my initial guess of the spacers being 10mm thick. So the threads would be that much longer.

Heh. The Mk 1 eyeball - sometimes wildly wrong, but sometimes surprisingly accurate...
Old 17-06-2024, 09:00 PM   #4
Foggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuggy View Post
To be clear, the shouldered part of the bolts are identical. The ones that came with the kit for use with the spacers have a longer thread to accommodate the spacer.
Yes of course that makes sense. From the detail supplied by you and Gaza it looks like I just need to duplicate the bolts from the left hand side for the right hand side with the spacers. Appreciate your help.
Old 19-06-2024, 02:29 PM   #5
Foggy

Quote:
Yeh, take a look at this auction for an S4 DP high-level kit:

Ducati Monster M900 M400 S4 Termignoni Full Exhaust Muffler

IIRC, S4 kits were offered in 3 flavours:
Hey Spuggy, looking at the second photo where it shows the complete set of shouldered bolts, I assume the longer bolts are for the lower left hand side of the bracket. So do you reckon I just need two more of these for the lower right hand side ? Or will I also need longer bolts for the upper right hand side too to bring the bracket fully out evenly ? It's just that I was expecting the upper left hand side to have longer bolts too but it seems not from the photo.
Old 22-06-2024, 12:05 AM   #6
spuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Hey Spuggy, looking at the second photo where it shows the complete set of shouldered bolts, I assume the longer bolts are for the lower left hand side of the bracket. So do you reckon I just need two more of these for the lower right hand side ? Or will I also need longer bolts for the upper right hand side too to bring the bracket fully out evenly ? It's just that I was expecting the upper left hand side to have longer bolts too but it seems not from the photo.
Eh?
The photo shows 8 bolts and 8 spacers, no? The 4 shorter bolts are for the top mounts of the hanger, and the 4 longer ones are for the bottom. I forget what the two small spacers are for - seat lock, perhaps?

I'm confused why I don't seem to have that 8 bolts/spacers on the M900, but maybe I screwed up fitting it...
Old 22-06-2024, 08:26 PM   #7
Foggy

Quote:
Eh?
The photo shows 8 bolts and 8 spacers, no? The 4 shorter bolts are for the top mounts of the hanger, and the 4 longer ones are for the bottom. I forget what the two small spacers are for - seat lock, perhaps?

I'm confused why I don't seem to have that 8 bolts/spacers on the M900, but maybe I screwed up fitting it...
I could only see 2 long bolts but it could be an optical illusion from the photo. If you are saying there are 4 long bolts then that makes sense for the lower bolts on both sides. I was wondering though whether I needed longer bolts for the upper 2 bolts on each side to bring the complete bracket out evenly.