UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My S2R 800

Old 20-02-2021, 04:17 PM   #1
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
Re, alu tank If we are talking about technorace in Italy, then following a very helpful exchange with Geoff on here to get some views and advice (he I think pioneered getting one from them). I ordered one, not with me yet but production very much underway all looking good so far. My S2R 1000 is a forever bike for me, tank issue not so bad on mine but it still spoiled my expensive custom paint job, so I’m doing what I can to upgrade it/future proof it whilst special parts etc are reasonably available... obviously it’s not cheap (luckily I’m in EU so not impacted by tax and import duties etc...) but if you’re going to keep your bike long term then it may be worth it to you to know the issue is sorted once and for all.

Cheers

David
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #2
Moco1961

David,

That’s the kiddy, from Geoffs post too!. I mailed them and they got back to me in a couple of hours.

Like you, mines a keeper so although it’s a huge hit there is no saying buying a replacement plastic one won’t do the same thing in the future.I had taken the precautions and it still failed.

I wonder if there are a few of us would they do a group discount