UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Fuels & Oils » Monster 695 Fuel Pump Woes......

Old 17-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #1
Kentgent

Update

Thanks Guys for the various replies:

The nearly £ 800 was for the whole unit. Still daylight robbery in my opinion and I am half Italian -

The comment about varnishing is a possible suspect, bike sat for about 15 months on a battery tender - although it was running fine up to about a week ago..

The CCW aspect was already being researched and I have now found that the replacement aluminium pot and wiring (apparently a common failure due to quality control issues with the soldered and epoxied wiring joints at factory) is available via Stu at Exactfit in the uk for circa £90.....and I have located a pump with a 2 year warranty and fitting kit on Ebay at around £ 30.......so at £ 120.00 a massive improvement on what I was expecting.

I will open her up at the weekend to check if the wiring /epoxy joints are indeed FUBARed and if not it becomes a case of changing the pump. Hurrah! Obviously while its out, new fuel filter and change those horrible press clips to jubilee ones.

One last question - I had previously changed the o-ring on the flange to the uprated type - Ducati realised these fail after a while and re-issued a new type with 3 seating 'faces' which has thus far not leaked in the two years its been on - As I am taking the flange out again would you guys recommend I get a fresh gasket - memory serves me correct they're about £ 25.....

Cheers fellas!

Last edited by Kentgent; 17-10-2019 at 02:06 PM..
Old 21-10-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentgent View Post
Obviously while its out, new fuel filter and change those horrible press clips to jubilee ones.
Changing the fuel filter on my 1100 Evo is one of those jobs I've got pencilled in for over the winter and I've recently assembled the parts needed to do the job. I bought the filter from Moto Rapido and noticed that it was a Mahle unit (KL97). A quick check on the Opie Oils site, (which has been recommended several times elsewhere on this forum), revealed the exact same filter for half the Ducati price. So if you haven't yet bought yours, I'd suggest you try Opie first.

It looks like you'd need a KL145.

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60811-m...kl145-bmw.aspx

As for the press clips you mention, I'm guessing they'll be the Oetiker type and I plan to fit the same again rather than jubilee clips. In theory, because the Oetiker clamps are stepless, they provide even pressure right round the hose, which jubilee clips don't.

Having said that, Ducati list replacements for the Evo, which are...jubilee clips!

According to Craig at Moto Rapido, there's no point in ordering them anyway as they come with a short length of hose, (which seems to serve no purpose), and they're the wrong size anyway.

Once I know what the correct size is, I'll probably order them from here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-OETIK...l/183921490866
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
695fuelpump