UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Clutch push rod

Old 27-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #1
iainw

Bike: S4r
You'll also find a lot of the black sediment lurking in the slave cylinder. When flushing the old stuff out the new just seems to come down the line and out the bleed nipple and bypass what is sitting in the slave. The slave has to come off and be properly flushed.
iainw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I can't believe that I've admitted to not wiping my bottom properly and having such a dirty ring!

Disappointed to learn that the black silt lives on in the slave after a bleed.
The silt is so very fine and easily mixes into the fluid in a cloud with a little agitation, hence why it turns the res' black in a short while with the jiggling of the pot on the flexible handlebar mount.. Like some sort of mini cocktail shaker.

I'm just wondering if taking the slave off the cases and giving it a good shake, maybe even bleeding it upside down with the nipple at the bottom, would help clear any sludge trapped in there?

As for chain goo getting past the seals... I doubt it as brake fluid is so much thinner than chain lube, surely it would leak out before chain lube leaked in. besides which the fluid is under positive pressure most of the time and hardly, if ever in negative pressure.
The slave is fairly well shielded from the chain fling by a case saver on mine.
Old 27-03-2019, 05:37 PM   #3
CarloL

Bike: M900
Just do a few flushes over the next month Gazza

Should get rid of all the sediment

My Monster is 97, when I git the bike, the coffins where a little dirty, cleaned out with a tissue, but I did put on a braided line, so far fluid is clear

The 748s, I have new rcs17 clutch master, rcs19 brake master, new braided lines, new brembo reservoirs, new oberon slave, normal, low boiling point fuild was black as can be after 3 laps, I swapped out for the motul rbf600, full track day, all clear

I normally change after a track day but since my last was just before winter I left it, took the bike out today, fluid is still all clear, I also run those tygon clear lines from reservoir to master, you can keep an eye on the fluid color
CarloL is offline   Reply With Quote