UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Monster 1100 jerky at slow speed

Old 10-07-2018, 08:52 PM   #16
Maggsy

Bike: M696
My 696 wasn’t too bad, but sending my ECU to Neil at Cornerspeed and fitting a 14T front sprocket totally transformed it. Nice and smooth low down, full of beans in the middle and plenty up top. (Oo-er missus)!
Old 10-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #17
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Fitting a 14th front sprocket does not wear the chain, but if the chain is not tensioned correctly the chain can wear the chain runner on top of the swinging arm, just keep your eye on it. My 1100 Evo has a 14th front sprocket and I have no problems.
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:50 PM   #18
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
The remap should make a big difference, however the jerky running at low speed can and often is as a result of the throttle bodies being out of balance, worth getting them accurately balanced first or at least checked? It's a quick and easy job if you have access to a set of vacuum gauges.
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #19
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
The remap should make a big difference, however the jerky running at low speed can and often is as a result of the throttle bodies being out of balance, worth getting them accurately balanced first or at least checked? It's a quick and easy job if you have access to a set of vacuum gauges.
Should not be a problem with the throttle bodies, it is mainly down to the fact it is the biggest V twin air cooled they do, only 2 valves and euro emissions causing the issue, once the ecu has been flashed it will sort it out, and then either go up 2 teeth on the rear or go down to a 14 on the front to get real smooth running in town.
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1100, engine, jerky