UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Glesca newbie calling.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
crawsue
Bronze Member

Bike: M1100evo
Glesca newbie calling.

Morning all, a quick line to introduce myself, I'm an old codger from God's own biking country ,I passed my test in April 1967 and have been at it off and on ,ever since.
I have had most makes over the years and have a couple of Hinckley's best in the current fleet. I've also got a Matchless G 80s ( look it up!) which I built from a box of bits
My mate has a 1200 Multistrada and I got the Ducati itch after riding it up to Lochgilphead in the summer.....all I had to do was point out the poor returns on my meagre savings to my missus and it was "Bob's yer uncle"
Picked up a pair of LeoVinci SBKs from FleaBay last week and will check out the comments on a slightly taller screen for next summer.
I like to describe my riding as "brisk" without taking the P*ss, but sometimes you forget.....
I have had an Italian v twin before...a Moto Guzzi Rossi Mandelo,, it was a blast to ride, but all the usual Italian issues turned it into a money pit, hopefully I won't be going there again.
Watch out for me next summer if your near the 'Wellie or any of the usual W of S runs, cheers.
crawsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #2
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Welcome aboard!
Don't see many G80's about these days.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:58 AM   #3
crawsue
Bronze Member

Bike: M1100evo
Nope, most went to the big garage in the sky, but there is a thriving classic movement in the UK and AMC machines are a pretty cost effective way of getting involved.
Strange thing about 'biking is that I can do the same run on my Sprint ST 1050 with the Sunday boys and next time do it at 50 mph on the G 80 with the old guys......and the smile is just the same!
And next summer I'll do them all on a 'Duke !!!
Check out the "Jampot" forum, tells you all you need to know about how it used to be....BTW,a Matchless won the first ever TT.
crawsue is offline   Reply With Quote