UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New M600 owner saying hello

Old 06-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #31
hatchback

SRAM, I put my gear lever in a vice and leant on it until it stopped fouling the side stand. This is much easier to check if you have a rear Paddock Stand. It took a few goes as I was a little nervous about kinking/breaking it.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #32
sram

Bike: M600
Oh no! Sorry to hear that, hatchback. I hope you get up and running soon. I take it you were not too badly hurt? That's the important thing, as they always say!

The bike is all good now, it's been running well for a while. I gave it a thorough clean last weekend (about 6 hours!), which was the first clean since getting it (the second bike, for those of you paying attention). The bits that were damaged have now been replaced with either good second hand units or new original parts. The only signs left of the damage are the dent in the tank, some slight scuffing on the l/h exhaust and some scratching to the mirror & bar end weight. I'll get all of those addressed eventually, but they are low priority at the mo.

All the best to you and for getting back on the road.
sram is offline   Reply With Quote