UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Ducati Monster 750ie 2002

Old 16-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
Casey Spooner

Ducati Monster 750ie 2002

Considering selling my Ducati Monster 750ie as looking to upgrade. Dark blue. 2002, very good condition for year, service history and circa 13,750 miles (clocks changed in 2014 as last one broke, new clock reads 2,707, docs to prove mileage). Ducati performance exhausts which sound awesome. It's known to those from the forum who have been on one of the epic weekenders! It's got the usual engine flaking and a small crack to one of the exhausts (you wouldn't notice it unless it was pointed out and makes no difference, just want to be honest). Reason for sale - looking to upgrade. Based in Battersea, London. Make me an offer! Pic below from the legend that is Gazza, if you require more, email me on edharkness@hotmail.com Cheers, Spooner

Last edited by Casey Spooner; 16-06-2015 at 08:55 PM..
Old 16-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #2
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
www.postimage.org. It will resize them for you as well. It's very simple and intuitive. Just upload the photo you want to postimage then copy the 'direct link'. Come back here, click the little yellow square -> above the text box and paste the link in the box. Job done

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 08:35 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
A picture of Casey Spooner's lovely 750..

I rode with Casey and Sapone at the weekender and can vouch for the fact that this is a stonking bike...Nobody in their right mind would miss out on the opportunity to own this superb motorbike..

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 16-06-2015 at 08:38 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
desa

Hi CS I may be interested, looking to buy my first bike & was originally looking for a 900 but people are saying im biting off more than i can chew. So im considering a 750. Would prefer a carb model, but i could go for the i.e i guess. What sort of price did you have in mind?
Old 22-06-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
Casey Spooner

Hi, sorry I've only just got this. I'm looking around the 2k mark. It might be quicker to email me on edharkness@hotmail.com if that's ok. Many thanks.
Old 22-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by desa View Post
Hi CS I may be interested, looking to buy my first bike & was originally looking for a 900 but people are saying im biting off more than i can chew. So im considering a 750. Would prefer a carb model, but i could go for the i.e i guess. What sort of price did you have in mind?
The ie are more better at fuelling than the carbs. And a good all round bike engine size . Not shy of speed either. As it goes I went from 900 to 916 to 1100 and back to 900. But I also ride a 75hp 803 scrambler and the powers great still and certainly not boring.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #7
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by desa View Post
My experience is that the ie model will start instantly every time, even after standing for months, is better on fuel than the carby 750, and delivers more power and torque than the carby. So, better power and torque, better fuel consumption, more reliable, I wouldn't hesitate to go for the injected bike. At £2K this one is very competitively priced.
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 01:54 PM   #8
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

No carb icing issues to worry about either!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 01:55 PM   #9
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
The 750 is a lovely monster, and one in blue is a thing of beauty.
I revisit these thoughts every time I open the shed door and look at my carby model.
The motor is nice and civilised around town and the wet clutch is trouble free and long lasting.
On the open road, it has more than enough performance to get quickly from A to B on the nice roads and only really loses out on the really fast, boring, motorway or major A roads. Even then its fast enough to reach the limit of my neck muscles on a naked bike.
I've been riding since the early 70s and the 750 monster is my nirvana.
Nothing will ever make me part with it, and it is my only, big road bike.
Carby models are easier to work on but the electronic model will avoid the winter carb icing issues which are a nuisance on the carby.
The only problem that I see with buying one as a first bike would be that it could also be your last as there would be no reason to ever change.
There, I dunno whether I could give a more positive recommendation than that.
The price is in the right area too (and depreciation will be minimal ...mine's pretty much stable now).
utopia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 01:59 PM   #10
Casey Spooner

Thanks for your comments chaps, much appreciated. Also just fitted a new battery. Most reliable bike I've ever owned but having had her for 4 years now want to go bigger. (Another Ducati...... Obviously!)
Old 22-06-2015, 02:08 PM   #11
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
For your info, I've had my 750 for 8yrs and still haven't found the need to move up to something bigger.
utopia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #12
Casey Spooner

I have to admit I'm not too bothered about selling it, it's a great bike all round so if I don't sell it on here I won't sell at all!
Old 22-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #13
jerry
Old Git

i have several ducatis and some more powerful than my M750 but it is my favourite , now owned it 11 years

Go for it .
Old 02-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #14
desa

hi guys just wanted to thank you all for your input, really helped me decide on engine size & whether to go for fuel injection or not. I had a look at this bike during the week & loved it so much thst i decided there & then to go for it.
thanks again all.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:30 PM   #15
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Kent meet on the 12th so if your wanting a ride out come along
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote