UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Online Insurance moan.

Old 30-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #16
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis menace View Post
Lord Reith of the BBC would be proud - "To educate and entertain" is the BBC's motto.
In that case I can't resist it..

Teacher.. "Today we will be learning all about Whales. Believe it or not they cannot swallow anything bigger than a shrimp."

Belinda.."Please Miss that's not true, because Jonah was swallowed by a Whale."

Teacher.. "Oh that's just an old story Belinda, you shouldn't believe that."

Belinda.. "No Miss, it's true. It's all in the Bible."

Teacher.."No it's just a made up story. You mustn't believe everything in the Bible."

Belinda.."Everything in the Bible is true Miss. Anyway when I die and go to heaven, I will find Jonah and ask him."

Teacher.." Oh really! Well what if Jonah didn't go to heaven?"

Belinda.." Well in that case Miss, you can ask him..!"
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #17
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Little johnny was a habitual and constant liar and his parents were at the end of their tether about what to do, so they sent him to Sunday school.

When he got back they asked him what he had learnt.

'Well I learnt about this guy Moses and his people who got chased by an army with tanks and guns. The army chased them into the sea but they found some dinghys and escaped'

Johnny father was angry. 'Now I know for a fact that's a lie, that's not what they taught you!'

'No' said Johnny, 'But I figured you'd be more likely to believe that than what the lying teachers say happened!'

Last edited by Dirty; 30-04-2015 at 06:23 PM..
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 06:18 PM   #18
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Yes, I learned that today too, I'm sure I saw it written as 'Il Monstro' in a press release somewhere back in the day, probably MCN! It is a bit worrying when insurance companies don't/won't do the research into the different subtle changes in some small run special versions, and their actual value like the Sie or like my S4 Fogarty and classify them the same as the base model which you couldn't replace like for like without paying a premium. I mean for example the Foggy is basically a base S4 with all the DP mods added at the factory, which many base S4 owners would do anyway, but replacing a standard issue bike for one that's been highly modified to that spec would cost and as I have not declared any modifications to my bike would they only pay out for a standard S4? My V5 does clearly state the model to be S4 Fogarty and I have had the frame/engine number verified by Ducati UK as indeed one on the 300 they sold, there were only about 40 sold in the UK so what are my chances of getting a like for like value? If I were you Gary I would get Ducati UK to verify your model with the frame/engine number as an Sie and then get the V5 changed to the correct model. At least that way you would have more of a fighting chance should the need arise.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #19
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Darren, you prompted me to check what it actually states on my V5...And it is down as an M900S.

So I think my worries are over, as it follows that year 2000 will be injected so the "ie" bit is academic and after all the important bit is the "S".

If the certificate matches the logbook I will be happy that I have the correct documentation even if I know it as an Sie.

Lets just imagine a scenario where I was forced to accept a carbed M900S as a replacement for my Sie...would that be so bad..? ..though I might be tempted to say that the nearest equivilent would be an M1000Sie....
Old 02-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #20
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

After a little more trauma I have succeeded in getting her insured as an M900S Monster.

Went with Just Motorcycle Insurance in the end, for just over Sixty quid....Bought myself some new Kevlar jeans with what I saved over the last lot.

Best bit is that I am now covered for a ride on my mates bike, which was excluded before.!.