UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello :o)

Old 04-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #16
MrsBrede

Thank you all nice to feel very welcome ...I was told it was a 600... It was only when I was checking with insurance first that found out it was a 750... So purchased it as a 600 and then asked them to check the log book ��. Very very lucky. Hubby is doing his iam at the mo. I want to get some more miles under my belt and work on mini roundabouts, I find the hydraulic clutch doesn't give me much to ride, unlike the xj6 I learnt on...but wouldn't swap my monster �� ��
Old 04-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #17
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Hello and welcome..

Not many people buy a 600 and find out it's a 750...You lucky blighter...

Not sure what you mean by not much clutch to ride? If you can expand on that we may be able to help.
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #18
MrsBrede

There is hardly any distance between the biting point and the clutch lever fully out. And thank you, that has been the politest thing I've been called following that :-)
Old 04-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #19
jarv

Maybe a pair of adjustable levers should be added to the shopping list!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #20
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
...I was holding back..

If the bite point were nearer the handlebar I would have said that the system needed a bleed, but not sure what to say for a late bite point. That almost implies too much lift of the pressure plate, and as there is no adjustment that I can think of it makes me think that too long a pushrod has been fitted for some reason?....help me out here chaps..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #21
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
My guess is that's just the way of the Monster because I felt the same when I first rode mine but got used to it.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #22
MrsBrede

As dirty said, think it's just the way it is....will continue going over the mini r/as until I get the hang lol. Thank you though. Nice to talk to other monster owners as I've never met one and never seen another the same as mine