UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » spotted! william dunlop on a yellow monster

Old 06-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Mand

spotted! william dunlop on a yellow monster

Not only do I have 3 signatures on my seat cowl, I've had a tt podium star on the back of my monster!

Seriously, there we were minding our own business watching the supersport race 2 at kirk Michael when William dunlop breaks down in front of us and a marshal asking if anybody could give him a lift back to Douglas. Dave rode him back to the pits, not bad day out eh?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Did he get his kneedown. Did you get a pic too Mand. You get in on a calendar if there is another. Dave on a monster kneedown with Michael Dunlop pillion. That would be cool
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Lucky you and Dave ! bet he was a bit unhappy ?

Albie and i want to do TT next year, any advise on accomodation etc, been to Manx many times when younger but want to do TT
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Mand

a short report from the iom correspondent...

And funnily enough we've just seen Michael outside a Chinese restaurant in peel, obviously getting something sturdy inside him ready for the senior!

We are still here and have booked again for next year. Even though it has rained loads today it hasnt dampen our spirits.

Alan its flipping ace, I was blown away. You must do it and if you've done the manx it must be pretty much the same. We've stopped at.a campsite at st johns, its a footy club, plain and simple but their hospitality is second to none. We are now having a bit of luxury now at a nice b&b in peel, which we usually stop at when we visit the island.

My dad has took his van and we put all our gear in that including the monster as its easier to have two up on that. Now we're looking for a comfy pillion friendly bike as we've loved riding together. We came as foot passengers on the ferry. You need an ace dad/friend who is willing to carry your load.

We love it here, so much so we're going back for the southern 100.

Cheers, I'm back to my real ale now. Just to let you its only £2.30....a pint. Perhaps arrow mill should take note. Haha!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Mand I told you St Johns was great, now did you find that cafe down the road from the camp site???
Weather looks sh*te for tomorrow, hey ho joys of a british summer...
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
Mand

Yeah you weren't wrong Geoff! Dad and his old sidecar loving mates come here regular. I found the cafe too and the tynwald pub too.

If the racing doesn't happen tomorrow, there is always Saturday, hopefully! Let's see if the morecambe missle can make it number 20.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
Julie

Sounds great mand
we have also booked for next year
Jenny
Saz
Rog
Me
Ruth
and my brother (who is there now as well)
Old 07-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
Mand

Hey joo! You going for the whole fortnight? X
Old 08-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Another claim to fame for Mand's bike !

Sounds like you're having a great time

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Racing postponed due to the weather so the pink cover is out again.I'll post some race photos when I can from Ago's leap and other excusive sites we've been lucky enough to have been invited to.

Saw Mr Mcguiness stall his Ford courtesy car in Castletown yesterday, just shows he's human after all.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
Mand

And another report from the peel correspondent.....

Sounds like you're having an ace time too Stafford! We've been to.Douglas today and been shameless pit whores. Saw samie from the forum and he said he'd seen you and Liz. Dave got his 'international rescue' award from Mr dunlop and we managed to acquire some tickets for the grandstand, over excited? Too right!!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Andy and I keep saying we must do the TT, having been to the Isle of Man about 7 times when it hasn't been on. Must book the Steam Racket for next year and find a nice place to stay. (I know I'm a wuss but I'm not up for camping).

Am a little apprehensive about taking the Monster across when the island is full of nutters on bikes (still recovering from 10 pints of Bushy's and forgetting which side of the road to ride on, or else showing off to their mates that they're as fast as the racers ...)

How are those of you out there now finding the riding experience as opposed to the spectating? Better to bring a car or bike?
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
bex

Is that the infamous pink shower cap I spy!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #14
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Is that the infamous pink shower cap I spy!
It only comes out for special occasions and rain,finally got a foggy lap in today of the circuit and one of the Billown circuit as well in the dry. Fingers crossed for the senior.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote