UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Question for the well informed

Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
griffs

Question for the well informed

Does anyone know how I set about getting a certificate of conformance for a bike imported from the US to Holland?

I need to either get the bike type tested or get a CoC from Ducati showing a EU CoC against my chassis number.

I have written to Ducati, but not received any response. Dealer here are not really interested.

I would have thought this is something Ducati main office could help with as they can see details against the chassis number.

Anyone have advice?

Cheers
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Nottsbiker

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd also consider if it would be easier to buy a frame that's already registered in Holland if all else fails.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #3
jamiedan2009

or grind the frame and engine numbers off and tell the authorities that you built the bike from scratch out of spare parts, probably need an engineers report or similar
Old 04-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=39582

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
If the bike is from the USA it may not have a corresponding EU certificate of conformity (CoC). The CoC is designed to allow easy registration of EU bikes/cars within the EU.

If a US bike is identical to those sold in the EU then the manufacturer should be able to provide a CoC for it. However if the US bike differs from the EU version then it may not have a corresponding EU CoC, but its still worth asking the manufacturer.

Also if the bike was manufactured before 2003 then a CoC may not exist for it unless the identical bike was still being made in 2003.

Hopefully this and the link that Kato provided should help.

The bottom line is to pester Ducati and give them some money, then after many months you'll get a CoC.

Obviously at the moment Ducati are a bit busy with being bought by Audi, preparing for WDW and pulling their hair out over Mr Rossi's woeful MotoGP performances. I'd expect a response from them just before Christmas
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
Nottsbiker

I'd go with my suggestion, it will be quicker and I bet you could do a frame swap in a weekend.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
griffs

Thanks for the input. The problem with a frame swap would be getting it to match the registration document.

I did get a response from Ducati after I mailed info@ducati.com. Someone is being helpful and said when I post a copy of the registration document showing the chassis no. they will pass it to the relevent department. I wonder how long this would take, and if it will actually work. I hope that a 620 for the US market will get a EU CoC.

Cheers