UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi From Oxford

Old 20-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #16
1100steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
Henry Box or Wood Green?
The far superior (for 'fights' on Church Green at least) Henry Box of course......you?
Old 20-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #17
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Damn right! Was in the class of '96. Mr.Kenyon's form.

Good to see another Monsterer in the shire. Some nice roads round that way too!

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #18
1100steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
Damn right! Was in the class of '96. Mr.Kenyon's form.

Good to see another Monsterer in the shire. Some nice roads round that way too!

I left in '96 too - pre A levels though. Mr Lithgow's form - what a odd little man he was, but not as strange as 'Shirley' Shepherd or as mental as the Evans haha!

My surname is Huckin just in case our paths may have crossed....?

You're right, there are some great roads out this way, just got back from a quick blast to Burford, along the 'Rollercoaster' to Charlbury and onto Woodstock on the back roads...I enjoyed it so much I came back the same way with a quick smoke/contemplation stop taking in the view at the top of Ascott-u-Wychwood....
Old 21-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #19
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Ha ha! Yeah, there were some weird ones. Think Bowman had a breakdown at one point too.

I think you would have been 2 years below me then. Must have been in the same year as my brother, Michael Warmington. He left mid-way through though - went to Woodstock due to moving house.

Shame I'm not back in the UK - would have been good to meet up for a ride!

Jonathan.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #20
flash1605

Hi all, I am a fellow Oxonian ... I am in Abingdon. Not had my 696 for long, but loving her to bits - was at Mallory on Friday. If you are planning any ride outs I would love to tag along.

Any views on the best roads in the area for Monster fun - I regularly blast up and down the Wantage-Newbury B4494 and Wantage-Hungerford A338 ... also some good runs Abingdon to Thame and around North East of Oxford. What about Witney way?

Thx.

Andy
Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #21
woody71

I too am originally from Oxford ( born and bred ). But now living just up the road in Buckingham about a half hour ride away.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #22
flash1605

Hi Woody,

Very happy to try and meet up if you ever fancy a rideout with a fellow 696 pilot ... I have three young daughters, so my windows of opportunity aren't great ... but with a bit of notice I should be able to shoot over to Buckingham fairly quicky. :-)

Andy
Old 03-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #23
woody71

Likewise Andy my fellow 696 pilot . I also will be circum-navigating work and home commitments around going out on the old trusty 'stead' every other weekend. My next endeavour will be the F1 GP at Silverstone 8-10 July 2011 followed by the WSB round at Silverstone on the weekend of 29-31 july 2011.Busy busy times pal.
Old 24-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #24
flash1605

Hi Woody,

I managed to do a track day at the Silverstone International circuit a week ago with Focused Events ... despite being the only Monster there and there being far too many bikes out on track I had a real hoot ... it is a great track. Tyres and toe sliders are shagged.

Did you manage to do the GP circuit in the end?

Andy