UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Evening All

Old 31-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Reaperman

Talking Evening All

Hi everyone!

I'm Craig but on most forums I'm known as Reaperman.

I've been riding for 5 years starting on a YBR125 passing my tests July last year on a restricted license. From there I started looking at bigger bikes and top of the list were the Ducati Monster 696 and the Triumph Street Triple R.

Having sat on both machines I had to sadly step away from getting the Monster as I'm 6ft and it looked tiny. So I'm now the proud owner of a Street Triple R, I couldn't be happier. Or at least thats what I thought till last week.

I pulled up at work and rode straight into a head vs heart nightmare. There sat behind my bike mechanic neighbors shutter was a Ducati Monster M600. And It was for sale at a mere £875 I couldn't believe it.

So after chatting with my mech and being informed the price wasn't wrong, I had a quick look around it and then rang the Mrs to get permission.

Well today I had a go, and wow was it different to my Street triple. I've put down a deposit and I'll be picking it up in 1 months time. I've got to sell my 125 first and get it insured and what not.

By then I will have my 2 dream bikes in my garage and a huge grin on my face. Sorry for the long ramble I'm just so excited.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
sburrows87

Nice one and welcome to the club!
Old 31-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Bargain basement. At that price you can afford to whack a bigger engine in.

Welcome along to the madhouse.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
Reaperman

The arrows cans on it are worth as much as I'm paying for the bike so its a win win situation.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Hi there and welcome to the club.
you will find lots of friendly and helpful people on the forum.
I'm down the road near Sudbury, if you want to hook up for a ride, lets us know.
Old 31-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
Reaperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Hi there and welcome to the club.
you will find lots of friendly and helpful people on the forum.
I'm down the road near Sudbury, if you want to hook up for a ride, lets us know.
Oops my profile has my old location in it. I'm living near Derby now, but thanks for the offer.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome to the club I'm sure you'll have great fun on the bike over the summer.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Welcome to the heartland.
Speaking as one who is well versed in the art of the long ramble, yours was well worth the effort.
Interesting too, that you fell for the monster, despite having the street tripper.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #9
Reaperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Welcome to the heartland.
Speaking as one who is well versed in the art of the long ramble, yours was well worth the effort.
Interesting too, that you fell for the monster, despite having the street tripper.
Well when I was first tempted to get a bigger bike about 5 years ago a work mate suggested a monster. I looked it up and instantly thought it looked mean, So that was the starting point.

This particular monster is destined to be my all weather bike. It will be what I use when it rains instead of the Triple. But it won't be abused, I've had a very long chat with one of my biker mates and we are going to completely strip the monster and get it completely clean and refreshed. All the electrics will be water proofed and a liberal application of ACF50 will be added.

Sadly the red might be going as the seat has rubbed against the tank and gone through to the metal. So a strip and respray is in order, and while I'm at it once the bike is in bits I might get the frame powder coated along with the peg hangers. The wheels were recently done by the previous owner and the shocks have also had a big make over.

It'll be the first time I've ever done something like this so it'll be a massive learning curve. But i'm in good hands, my mate Andy has stripped countless bikes and even put them back together properly.