UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Monster S2R 800

Old 24-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
Davidg1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatronic View Post
tell us about it ;-)

cleaned the wheels andthen hastily used wet lube on my chain on sunday morining, 70 miles later the rear wheel and swingarm looked like a jackson pollock painting

hahahahaha we all say that

ill give it a month once you have had a chnace to see what else is out there :-)

lovely bike btw and welcome
I can honestly say, the bike is amazing, I know the noise is subdued by the cans, but it still feels loud enough to me and the neighbours, especially in the morning when it's warming up.

I certainly won't be changing any parts soon, just in the process of buying a new house
Old 25-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
Davidg1230

Well, after collecting the bike this afternoon from Rosso Corse in Bethnal Green, all seems well with regards to the rear brake issue I've had.

The guys there are fantastic and looked over the bike generally, advised me of the fact the tyres have only 1000 miles left in them and the chain will need changing soon.

They adjusted the chain, changed the oil and generally gave the bike a good check over and let me know of a few issues they would like to look at when they next have it.

I'll certainly be taking it back there for it's main service later in the year.
Old 25-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #18
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
A lovely looking bike - enjoy!
Old 25-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #19
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Another Rosso Corse convert! Glad they managed to sort the brakes out for you.

I always feel like my bike has been pampered and looked after when it's in there.
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #20
alastairS2R

Bike: S2r 1000
Good work, looks great.

May I ask where you got the rear hugger and chin fairing from? I'd like to add similar to my S2R 1000. (when I've got some money/time/permission/ etc etc) Thanks

Alastair
alastairS2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #21
Davidg1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by alastairS2R View Post
Good work, looks great.

May I ask where you got the rear hugger and chin fairing from? I'd like to add similar to my S2R 1000. (when I've got some money/time/permission/ etc etc) Thanks

Alastair
Sorry for the late reply, the parts added were done by previous owners. I think the they're all DP parts, but I need to check all the past invoices.
Old 28-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #22
Dave G
Imagineer

That's a very clean bike, wish mine was.
The only visible mod I'd suggest is the replacement of the cat with a link pipe. It'll make the underside of the bike look much cleaner and will make the OE cans sound really nice, nicer in fact than just adding a set of endcans with the cat in place.
And check if it has a 14tooth front sprocket, the previous owner may have done this common mod if he's done some of the other ones we can see but it makes a lot of difference to the way the engine will pull and makes it a more enjoyable bike to ride for such a simple and cheap fix.
Old 28-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #23
Davidg1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G View Post
That's a very clean bike, wish mine was.
The only visible mod I'd suggest is the replacement of the cat with a link pipe. It'll make the underside of the bike look much cleaner and will make the OE cans sound really nice, nicer in fact than just adding a set of endcans with the cat in place.
And check if it has a 14 tooth front sprocket, the previous owner may have done this common mod if he's done some of the other ones we can see but it makes a lot of difference to the way the engine will pull and makes it a more enjoyable bike to ride for such a simple and cheap fix.
Thanks for the comments, will the front sprocket help with the low speed gearing? I'm finding it tricky around town when commuting through traffic at low speed, sort of in between gears around 30mph, if the revs drop to low I'm having to slip the clutch or worse, drop to first and the bike really hates doing that? I'll check the paperwork to see what has been done, but I think it's mainly cosmetic.
Old 28-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #24
Dave G
Imagineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg1230 View Post
Thanks for the comments, will the front sprocket help with the low speed gearing? I'm finding it tricky around town when commuting through traffic at low speed, sort of in between gears around 30mph, if the revs drop to low I'm having to slip the clutch or worse, drop to first and the bike really hates doing that? I'll check the paperwork to see what has been done, but I think it's mainly cosmetic.
It will sort the gearing round town, I've done it with every Ducati I've ever owned.
It should have been released with this gearing in the first place but apparantly the 15 tooth helps with the noise test at certain speeds keeping the revs lower, you will notice the difference immediately and the sprocket itself is only about £15 or so.
Old 28-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #25
sburrows87

Hi Davidg1230,

I have some risers and a pracitcally new 14t front sprocket for sale that may fit your bike over in the for sale section if you're interested...
Old 28-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #26
Davidg1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburrows87 View Post
Hi Davidg1230,

I have some risers and a pracitcally new 14t front sprocket for sale that may fit your bike over in the for sale section if you're interested...
Thanks for the kind offer, my bike came with some risers too, had a look at them today and wondered if I should fit them? Decided I'll wait a few more weeks. Will also save the sprocket for when the chain needs replacing, thanks again
Old 28-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #27
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
+1, socket makes a massive difference! Much smoother around town, and picks up much quicker when out of town!

For pound per grin, it's the best mod you can do!
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote