UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » S4 with 'boom tubes'

Old 12-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #16
He11cat

Looks good !! bet it sounds awesome.

Nah Hellcats not attached to an anodiser !! lol.... if I was my bike would be very black and purple !!..
Poor guy would be plating stuff for my bike forever.
I would get the poor unfortunate person to show me how to do it im not that lazy...
Match.com said they had no men in shiny shorts who was a mechanic / fixer upper of things by day and a male go go dancer by night gave me a refund and threw me off the site

Gremlin's other half did a bloody sterling job on Yorkies forks!.. shiny black looked the nuts!!
Speak to Gremlin and Clive he did a lovely job on his forks ..he was lucky to get them I was wondering if they would fit in my rucksack!!!..
Old 13-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #17
littlejimmy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by He11cat View Post
Looks good !! bet it sounds awesome.

Nah Hellcats not attached to an anodiser !! lol.... if I was my bike would be very black and purple !!..
Poor guy would be plating stuff for my bike forever.
I would get the poor unfortunate person to show me how to do it im not that lazy...
Match.com said they had no men in shiny shorts who was a mechanic / fixer upper of things by day and a male go go dancer by night gave me a refund and threw me off the site

Gremlin's other half did a bloody sterling job on Yorkies forks!.. shiny black looked the nuts!!
Speak to Gremlin and Clive he did a lovely job on his forks ..he was lucky to get them I was wondering if they would fit in my rucksack!!!..
yes I know Gremlin and Clive they've helped me in the past and I've seen his anadising work. Thats a good shout to get them anadised gold! Long way to go with this s4, but not until the winter when I won't ride. Just unbolt and rebolt
Old 13-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #18
littlejimmy12

New pics from the shop floor

Just sent to me from the 2 guys who worked on the exhaust, I cannot emphisis the quality if the work from these 2 brothers. nice blokes as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exhaust 2.jpg (32.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg exhaust 1.jpg (31.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg exhaust 4.jpg (24.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg exhuast 3.jpg (31.4 KB, 116 views)
Old 13-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #19
Panther

Does it matter the a length of pipe from the vertical cylinder is alot shorter?

what's with the standard chain cover ,

Old 14-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #20
littlejimmy12

standard cover hahahaha actually have the replacement cover in my hand now about to go on cheeky git :-)

don't think it mattes about the vertical pipe been shorter, I'm not getting any running difficulties, its fine on idle which is quite a surprise.
Old 14-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #21
big pete

You got to try and get a sound byte up mate, they look stunnin now I want to hear them!!
Old 14-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #22
littlejimmy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by big pete View Post
You got to try and get a sound byte up mate, they look stunnin now I want to hear them!!
I want to as well prob is I've only get an iphone and the mike is crap, i'll see if i can use a mate and do a drive by clip this week
Old 14-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #23
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejimmy12 View Post
I want to as well prob is I've only get an iphone and the mike is crap, i'll see if i can use a mate and do a drive by clip this week

Can't you do a Top Gear style and at least get a sound/decibel app. It would be good to see the figures.

The problem I found with sound recordings is they adjust there level according to the volume, so it's hard to get the real idea of the true volume.

Not as loud as now, but I think my old Mivv's created a better note than my new setup.
Old 14-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #24
littlejimmy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Can't you do a Top Gear style and at least get a sound/decibel app. It would be good to see the figures.

The problem I found with sound recordings is they adjust there level according to the volume, so it's hard to get the real idea of the true volume.

Not as loud as now, but I think my old Mivv's created a better note than my new setup.

when left on Idle and the mike about a metre from the exhaust I was getting a reading of 99 decibels, I think the legal limit is around the 85 mark! Oops

Last edited by littlejimmy12; 14-06-2010 at 05:02 PM..
Old 15-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #25
Fugly

If I remember my physics lessons correctly (but that wasa bloody long time ago!) every 3dB is a doubling of the noise ;o)

Enjoy
At least no one will say they didn't know you were there, loud pipes saves lives and sound bloody marvelous on bit twins ;o)))))))))))))))))))))
Old 16-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #26
littlejimmy12

More Pics

These do the bike justice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0333.jpg (30.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0332.jpg (30.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0334.jpg (30.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 16-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #27
Pomp1

They probably look and sound awesome but would be detrimental to the performance IMHO
Old 16-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #28
littlejimmy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
They probably look and sound awesome but would be detrimental to the performance IMHO
yes I know, I've always been more interested in the aesthetics than the performance. I will take a look at it over the winter and see what can be done to make amends. I imagine I;ve lost some top end. Good thing is that its not a 916 engine in there its a 996 test engine out of an s4r so it had some extra ooomf anyway.
Old 16-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #29
Pomp1

I was looking at the right hand side and I've noticed they follow a similar line to the old RR exhaust, only on the other side. A word of advice: careful when leaning the bike over as mine used to scrape the headers, lighten up the rear wheel giving way to scary moments. Needless to say I got rid of them.