UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Rosso Corse - East London

Old 09-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
bex

Thumbs up Rosso Corse - East London

Well it seems I all of a sudden needed new read brake pads - didn't expect that so soon, but last night my bike felt a bit funny when braking, then this afternoon terrible - rear wheel started locking and I was bricking it... ended up pulling over and calling Ray @ Rosso Corse.

Didn't want to ride it over there as I was up in Hampstead and back wheel was seemingly trying to kill me and I was agitating car drivers (to say the least) with my stop start jumping along; he gave me a number of someone who came to pick it up a few hours later.

Anyway long story short, got there just before 8pm when they are supposed to close, they did it all for me there and then which was really kind of them considering we finished up at 8:30 ish. Charged for parts and only pennies for labour, really nice guys. They were highly amused at how my pads had vanished, but said I was rather lucky not to have been chucked off the bike. So new pads and and new pump.

Booked in for a service next week too since after the drama today I'm definitely thinking I want it checked over professionally.

Top blokes and service @ Rosso Corse though

Oh and if thats not enough they have a puppy you can play with while you wait

Last edited by bex; 09-10-2009 at 09:33 PM..
Old 09-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
kneedown

it is good to hear someone speak well of a shop to have work done ''''''might take mine there 'as for the pup well 2 dogs here one german shepard to keep you busy
Old 09-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
pegboy

you will find alot of people on here who use them speak highly of the guys there. I will be there in the morning again.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
rac3r

Yep top guys, Ray restricted my bike for me. The guy that came to pick your bike up was called Derick right? What a character he is!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
StuartJames

I took my bike there a couple of months ago for it's 8000 mile service. Ended up hanging out with a great bunch of guys as they worked on my bike and were happy to explain the hows and whys of what they were doing. It was amazing to be right there as the bike was stripped totally naked, an experience all Ducati owners should have! Ray even provided cakes from his girlfriend at lunch

Whilst I was there a guy turned up with his Monster that had the tail broken by a football. A couple of Rays friends jumped all over it and spent an hour expertly re-shaping a chrome tail to it (that shouldn't have really fit), plus they tweaked some other stuff just because the customer was happy to let them do their stuff. Those boys eat, breath and sleep Ducatis....where else are you going to get this kind of service?!!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
skank

Bike: M900
wouldn't go any where else.
skank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
Hypermonkey

Have to agree, top service by top people
Old 10-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
bex

Yes Derrick the Scottish guy... he's crazy!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
Duke Konan

I must admit I'm a little bit of a mechanic whore. I'll go to Rosso for anything that I think deserves a fine tooth comb but will go to Dave Robinson for quick fixes as he aways figures out a way to fit me in and keep me on the road.

But yes, Rosso are the business.

Derick - now is he really stocky and looks like he'd be able to handle himself in a tight spot???
Old 12-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Signing in to the RC fan club as well!

Recommend them to anyone in the area
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #11
seby

nice guys there
am very happy
Old 08-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
benson

All good news to read - I've been going to RC for quite some time... and as soon as the time comes for the monster and hyper to be looked after, well there's no other possibility really. Ray absolutely saved the hyper last year when over winter everything had seemingly turned to cheese - I must get myself over there as soon as I'm down in Londinium again!!!