UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi everyone

Old 05-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #16
DaveM

Cheers mate

Where does your sis live?
21 bikes? forget a garage he would need a warehouse for all of them LOL

I am on the main road in Crosby, I have lived in this house for 5 years but have not yet got to sit in my front garden with a beer and watch the TT or Manx come past. The big boys at TT come past here at 170+mph

Next time your over give me a shout, we can go for a lap or two and go to Peel for an ice cream
Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #17
Hoolie

They're up near Andreas - but always looking at houses as he wants more garage room even though he already has two - my sis has filled the conservatory with as much furniture as she can to stop his habit of putting bikes in there too

Yum - the famous Peel ice cream
Old 09-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #18
vtaggart

Hi Dave

Met you in the shop on Friday, back home safe and sound, good luck picking the bike up on Tuesday.

Lovely island you live in, I was in Crosby on Wednesday night in the Pub with the Norton at the frt door, now cool is that? They sell a good pint too.

I got a tail tidy from these guys http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TAIL-TIDY-stag...d=p3911.c0.m14 fitted well as shown below.

Already planning a return visit with the bike this time to do a lap or two of the circuit but it is likely to be next year now, will let you know if I do.

Cheers Vince.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #19
DaveM

Hi Vince
Was good to meet you mate, shame we could not have chatted longer.
Glad you got home safe, what was the boat like? Bumpy?
Cant wait to collect my bike tomorrow afternoon, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve today

The Crosby is a nice pub. Did you have a pint of Okells?
They have done a great job displaying the old Norton, it has been in there for years, it used to be between the 2 bars but when they did the place up they had it all cleaned and moved it to by the door.

Nice bike you have there. I have seen those tail tidys on ebay they look alright, whats the quality like?
I am undecided whether to go doen the tail tidy route or the tail chop route like Panther said earlier in this thread.

Do it mate, get the bike over here for a few laps you wont regret it. Have you riden the circuit before?

Last edited by DaveM; 10-08-2009 at 07:59 AM..
Old 10-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #20
vtaggart

Alright Dave

Yes quality is good for the tail tidy but it is quite expensive for what you get. Tail chop looks good but at the mo don't have the balls to cut the frame

I have never ridden the circuit before and after my visit really want to, although the first time I went over the mountain in the car I could hardy see 100 yards ahead of me.

Don't forget to get photos posted up of your bike, as they say over here "health to ride" or good luck.

Cheers Vince
Old 10-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #21
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
hi dave and welcome, cut the whole tail of mate, looks great but not that good if you ride in the rain, i found that out on my 600,
i had remus ducati performance on mine, looked great and sounded good, if you buy straight slip on cans, you can have them low at first, you will need link pipes, or you can have them higher with the high level links, i think the low links for mine were ?60, or the high ones were about ?90, try 'The Carbon Can Company', very helpful, and they also shorten pipes when you buy them for about ?20 i think.
But i could be wrong, i guess the system is similar to the 600? I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong
hope that helps
________
Free amature tube

Last edited by uksurfer; 01-04-2011 at 01:24 AM..
uksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #22
DaveM

Hey Vince. Will get pics up tomorrow evening mate

Hi surfer, thanks for the welcome dude.
Thinking I may start off with a tail tidy then do a tail chop at a later date.
I was looking on www.protwins.co.uk at the DP cans but they have no prices on there
Going to pay a visit to Jason Griffiths Motorcycles (the islands Ducati dealer) and see what price he can sort me out with for some DP high level cans.
Will check out 'The Carbon Can Company' tonight and see what they offer too.

ROLL ON TOMORROW AFTERNOON
Old 10-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #23
BluprintZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksurfer View Post
...cut the whole tail of mate, looks great but not that good if you ride in the rain, i found that out on my 600...
Hello Dave, welcome to the club mate.
Chop the tail off, it looks much more cool than with all that sh1te on it.
I've sorted the rain problem out with mine.
I bought some 2mm clear perspex sheeting and cut it so it fits behind the number-plate but with an extra four inches below the plate, sorted, no more cow-crap on me seat, or back.
I'll maybe post some pics when i get the chance to take some.

G : )
Old 10-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
DaveM

Cheers G

Not a bad idea with the perspex. Would like to see if you can get some pics up