UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Safety Recall 768

Old 15-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
forresterone

Safety Recall 768

Got my letter today, so i phoned Rider's of bristol to get it booked in for them to have a look at....was told that they havent received any paperwork/technical details regarding the recall yet, and would contact me as soon as they get them, and get the bike booked in.

Is this not a poor standard of service ? surely the dealers should be fully aware of the recall, and be in posession of all the nescessary paperwork, prior to Ducati UK contacting the owners ?

I have been in contact with Ducati UK regarding this, and im awaiting their response...
Old 15-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Riders seem unaware of most things when it comes to customer service.
I'd take it to Moto Rapido if I were you.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I'd talk to Rapido too, customer service there is much better
Old 15-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Lucati

Booked mine in at Metropolis in London and their service department is usually rubbish but even they knew about the recall!
Old 15-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Recall notices were received by dealers either on Sat or yesterday.
Mine is to be done either tomorrow or Friday by Snells, as its only a 10 min jobbie.
They (Snells) were well aware when of this recall when I called them - if a recall goes out then all the staff there are made aware so they know what you are on about when customers phone in.

CK
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Arbeia

I got a recall letter also today and they said it was for the wiring harness.
Old 15-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
walpole68

got mine too and i havent had bike since January,hope that doesnt mean the new keeper doesnt get sent notice.
Old 15-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
Arbeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
got mine too and i havent had bike since January,hope that doesnt mean the new keeper doesnt get sent notice.
On the form i was sent and there was a section to fill in and send back to ducati if the bike had been sold on or scrapped. They said they had to notify the frame number to vosa.
Old 15-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
OplayneO

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
Got mine through to day also, there's a bit in the bottom of the letter to fill in with the new keepers details if you have sold the bike. Not sure why any would have details of who they sold a vehicle to though? you send that stuff off and hopefully hear nothing back! Unlucky for them if they don't find out.

Any idea what the problem is? dodgy cable tie or something?
Old 16-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
forresterone

Got a call from Riders today, telling me they got all the details about the recall, and that i can bring the bike in anytime, no need to make an appointment as it would only be a 10 minute job, apparently its to do with the wiring harness being to close/touching 1 of the cylinder heads....just waiting for the rain to stop now !!!
Old 16-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
Captain Caveman

had mine done today, mechanic kind enough to show me potential issue - quick job, couple of cable ties...
Old 16-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
sadbiker

Sometimes the recalls get out quicker than the dealers get notified. I had same issue with a honda recall last year. The local Honda dealer didb't know about it, one quick check on his dealer net it was all booked in.

Sometimes I think its simply down to the workshop managers reading their post and letting everyone else know.