UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Really for the wife!

Old 15-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
blackhawke

Really for the wife!

thought i'd just say hi from the both me and the wife.

we haven't got a monster yet, i have a k8 gsxr 1000. i traded in both my old bike and the wife's to buy it. i now owe her a bike and she's fallen in love with the monster. so we are now on the look out for one. wev've been bidding on a few in our area on ebay but theres always the buggers that leave it until 2 seconds before the end of the auction to bid
Old 15-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Good luck but beware, after a test ride you may be selling the gixxer too.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
Pomp1

^^^^^^^^too right!
Old 16-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Happy Bidding. Which model have you been after ?

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
jimbo696

Welcome.. Good luck finding one..
Do ask here for advice as there are some very knowledgeable people on here(Btw, i am not one of them!)
Old 16-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
blackhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
Happy Bidding. Which model have you been after ?
wer're probably looking at the slightly older bikes prob m600. jen dont want anything expensive she rides great (so to speak!) but lacks confidence.
Old 26-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
cee

Yep.....take it from me.. once you've had a monster you'll never be without one. I 'm on my 3rd. Got an MT03 which is going this year and just bought an RVF 4 summat different but i always go back 2 the monster, i'll never be without one.
Old 26-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Welcome and beware - there are many, many, many ways to accessorize her Monster - the shopping list will never end..................
Old 26-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
hello mate. monsters r the best
chris yeatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
blackhawke

thanks for all the replies, wev've been on the lookout for about 2 months now not only monsters and to be honest im getting soooo bored looking at bikes. been to see quite a few in our area and what ive learnt is when an ad says 'immaculate condition' it dont mean immaculate condition!! the other thing ive learnt is why are most of the bikes, when your looking for them, never in your area!

we have spotted a nice looking 99' monster full service history 7000 miles years MOT for £1200 sounds to good to be true but i cant do owt about it as im in essex and the bike is in newcastle, tyne and wear. found a website called shiply, its a website where couriers bid for your business and end users can leave feedback like ebay. problem is, is it worth taking the risk buying a bike you haven't seen????

Last edited by blackhawke; 01-03-2009 at 10:17 PM..
Old 01-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #11
Catspoon

eBay is a case of taking a risk - well, it's an auction, they always are.

You'll read lots of horror stories about items bought off there. I got mine from there as a second chance bid from a bloke in Gloucester, paid a bit less than you, and it turned out to be a very clean example that has given me no end of pleasure so far.

At the end of the day you can only go on what you read and see though, and if you're in any doubt don't go after it. Ironically there were a lot up for grabs last year down your way. Maybe some more will surface soon.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #12
r66bby

i bought my 695 from a guy from this site. I took his word that it was in mint condition, perhap's i trust people to much, so got a company to pick the bike up, and it was in perfect condition.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #13
Pomp1

I know it can be frustrating, especially in Essex, took me 2 months to find the right one at the right price. be prepared to travel a bit thought..
Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
blackhawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
I know it can be frustrating, especially in Essex, took me 2 months to find the right one at the right price. be prepared to travel a bit thought..
dont ya know it! im not only looking for monsters either, although they would be perfect fit for jen and she does like them.

is service history a major consideration when buying a monster?