UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from Hypermonkey

Old 20-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Hypermonkey

Hello from Hypermonkey

Hi there, I'm Simon and have just purchased a lovely Monster 600 Dark (2000) which I will be collecting on Saturday. It has 10k on the clocks, rear hugger, belly pan, tail tidy and small indicators, Venom pipes that have removable baffles (and the standard 'zorst) carbon bars and I think it looks gorgeous. The previous owner is an AA mechanic and biker/engine builder who is going to do a full belts service for me and show me how to service the bike and even check the valve clearances...result

I've been away from bikes for 8 years and due to a change in circumstances (taking employer to court...ongoing) and have had to take a job where parking is permit only and to get one someone has to leave or die...so a bike was the logical answer.

I've looked at Bandit/Hornets which would do the job great, but as I've had to sell my track car to get through which means no track days except to do the pics, I wanted something different but reliable...so the Monster was bought.

I'll be doing 20 miles a day commute and some weekend hooning so will have to keep on top of the preventative stuff...but I'm sure this site will help out with any info needed.

Well I'm waffling...so I'll leave you with some pics of the bike and some of my lovely Mk1 Golf track car doing what it did best...and some footage of the last track day we did in September before I had to sell him

And the MK1....the 'Rollerskate'

Footage from Silverstone South---> http://vimeo.com/1828030

Session 4 has me showing an F430 Spyder a clean set of rear 888s...and I like to think he was trying

Old 20-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Good to see you've purchased a lovely bike and a big welcome to the club.
But had you noticed there seems to be something wrong with your Golf, it only seems to ride on three wheels ? I'd get the tracking looking at.....

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Blimey I love your car. I used to have a Mk1 too.

I rue the day I sold it. It was gorgeous but I just couldn't fit all the kids in. Tragic. I should have put one of the kids on Ebay instead.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
Hypermonkey

The car was so much fun. You could fit everything into it for a day out and drive it to/from a circuit. Consumables lasted forever...well I suppose running on three wheels has its benefits

I hated having to sell it, but the money was needed for lawers, and this will be taken into account when nailing the previous employers up needs must and all that.

Still looked good standing still.....and on four wheels

Simon.

Last edited by Hypermonkey; 20-10-2008 at 05:58 PM..
Old 20-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Mk1 Golfs rock, I've had two, a 1600 and an 1800.

Not to mention two Mk2s, an 8V and a 16V and a Scirroco GTI for good measure!

Welcome to the world of Monsters. Keep an ey on the board for ride outs etc and I'm sure Crust (your area rep) will be along soon
Old 20-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Welcome to the club. Looks like your already familiar with avatars in motion and hosting pics. Seems like your servicing issues will be good too. I must say I havent seen many silver framed darks. Looks in VGC.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 07:43 AM   #7
Mand

Girl racer, I was once!

Oh my lord, I had a Golf MK1 as well, I blew the bloody thing up.

Welcome to the UKMOC, nice shiny cans by the way.

Mand