UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Desmosedici came pass me on the road!!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Steve'o'M900

Desmosedici came pass me on the road!!

Was working in Christchurch and on route home was popping into 3 leg cross for some parts, when a Desmosedici came pass me, the weather wasn't too clever either!! It had a trade plate on and drove round to workshop garages and was ridden straight into the garages. My god i could hear her coming for about 3 mins before it turned up! I've been to MotoGp's and heard the real deal (and this was no different!!) What an amazing thing to have produced for the road!

Just a shame i wasn't armed with my camera!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
Having sat behind one in traffic for miles on end I can confirm you certainly cant hear anything else over it!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
walkingpictures
preneolithic frebie

Bike: S4Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve'o'M900 View Post
Was working in Christchurch and on route home was popping into 3 leg cross for some parts, when a Desmosedici came pass me, the weather wasn't too clever either!! It had a trade plate on and drove round to workshop garages and was ridden straight into the garages. My god i could hear her coming for about 3 mins before it turned up! I've been to MotoGp's and heard the real deal (and this was no different!!) What an amazing thing to have produced for the road!

Just a shame i wasn't armed with my camera!
Sorry but saw 4 of them in the Isle of Man at the TT,an Italian one,a Scottish one and two English ones,sounded awesome.

Kimbo
walkingpictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #4
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
if i ever saw one im goin to pull up beside them at the lights and hit the kill switch!!!! hopefully they will stumble and ill be off like foooockk!!!! @)

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #5
forresterone

Saw one at riders of bristol the other day....had a good look round it before they covered her up, misses asked me how much is that one then, £40,000 i said, she walked out...
Old 12-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
walpole68

Aylesbury had one in the showroom awaiting collection and one out on road test with the full race kit one.Made my little monster sound like a 50cc moped !
Old 12-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #7
Snips

I'm still hoping to see one.

That said, I've still yet to see another 696 on the road too, so I guess they're still pretty rare too...

...I can delude myself
Old 12-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingpictures View Post
Sorry but saw 4 of them in the Isle of Man at the TT,an Italian one,a Scottish one and two English ones,sounded awesome.

Kimbo
No Italian ones then?

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #9
Seb_uk
Bronze Member

Bike: M695
I just saw one in Parkinsons Colchester. It had a sign saying "please don't touch". It should have had one saying "please don't drool" Which is exactly what I was doing! I'm sure I heard on the news recently that they are considering legalising the payment of organ donors. Maybe I can put that kidney on ebay after all......!

Last edited by Seb_uk; 12-07-2008 at 01:23 PM..
Seb_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #10
walkingpictures
preneolithic frebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
No Italian ones then?
Yes,when I type the words"Italian one" it means I saw an Italian registered bike and also spoke to the Italian owner,and he had an Italian registered van,how much more Italian do you need????

Kimbo
Old 13-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #11
banditloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingpictures View Post
Yes,when I type the words"Italian one" it means I saw an Italian registered bike and also spoke to the Italian owner,and he had an Italian registered van,how much more Italian do you need????

Kimbo
If he was eating pizza with some pasta and wearing a toga, that would be more Italian
Old 13-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
walkingpictures
preneolithic frebie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditloon View Post
If he was eating pizza with some pasta and wearing a toga, that would be more Italian
Absolutely!!! )