UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » New Monster!

Old 05-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #46
johnnystorm

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf

Old 06-11-2007, 03:00 AM   #47
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hideous, ugly thing urrggh
Old 06-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #48
MilesB

I'd like to see it 'in the metal' - the comments that it looks the MV Brutale mixed with the Moto Morini Corsaro are fair - but both of those are derivatives of the Monster, so it's not really suprising.

Interestingly, they state that the bike is 'more comfortable', with the bars closer to the seat and the pegs lower... sounds like my sort of Monster!

Miles
Old 06-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #49
neilbaldry

its totally lost its contempory look. it was a classic design. now it looks like Ducati have 'sold out' and made it look very Japanese. some bits i like, but alot i dont im afraid!

i'm sticking to me S2R, unless someone wants to buy me an 848??!....... please?!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #50
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Neil, Neil, the 848 has a wet clutch - you don't want one of those. And didn't the clip-ons you had on the monster come off again pretty quickly
Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #51
neilbaldry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryXt View Post
Neil, Neil, the 848 has a wet clutch - you don't want one of those. And didn't the clip-ons you had on the monster come off again pretty quickly

my S2R has a slipper clutch, and no, the clipons are still on! ive just adjusted them a bit?

so Jerry, you buying me an 848? you know, you could buy me a 999 or a 748 instead!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #52
manc skank

it has potential. black out the subframe, new rearsets, tail chop, new exhausts and it would look pretty good. RRP is supposed to be £5500 if converted direct from euros.

for that money i'd spend another £1k and get a hypertard.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #53
neilbaldry

rightey ho then! ive done a bit of a bodge job and cut/pasted the headlight off a 695 and tail chopped it......... andyone wanna take it a tad further and paste on some tasty cans for it?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #54
Gilps

I think it will be quite a while before we see a water cooled engine in the bike. Ducati have historically put the water cooled engines in to the Monsters using engines that are no longer used in their sportsbikes. I may be wrong but it has always looked to me to be a way of getting rid of unwanted surplus engines. As the S4RS and S4R are still listed as models next year then that's the old 999 engines used up. I suppose they could launch a 749 derived bike.
As the 1098 and 848 are going to continue to be in demand I can't see either of those lumps going in for a while.
I think we'll see an 1100 engine from the HM in the new shape and that will be it for a while.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #55
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaldry View Post
my S2R has a slipper clutch, and no, the clipons are still on! ive just adjusted them a bit?

so Jerry, you buying me an 848? you know, you could buy me a 999 or a 748 instead!
Neil, I'm sure you're a really nice guy, but, er, you're not really my type
Old 06-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #56
DevilBoy

Minging minging minging!

I like the swing arm and tank though...

But those rearsets! Those exhausts!!!! That Subframe!!!
Why ducati why!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #57
Shandy

mmmm not sure about that need to see it in the flesh to make my mind up........and in yellow
Old 06-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #58
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Front end looks horrible with that stupid light, don't like the frame or the smart car removable tank panels and the exhaust looks like an afterthought but I love the swingarm.

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #59
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Front end looks horrible with that stupid light, don't like the frame or the smart car removable tank panels and the exhaust looks like an afterthought but I love the swingarm.
you would like that bit. It still looks like it's off the front of a forklift to me

Bah humbug!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #60
seby

don`t worry guys same comment in the italian monster forum!!

ugly