UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » fresh meat...?

Old 12-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
eddie munster

fresh meat...?

Hi...how's things.

I'm Ed, from Belfast and I'm in my 2nd month of proud monster ownership, a 2000 M600 Dark... I've been riding 2-strokes erm 16 yrs or so and this is my first 4 stroker, sorry i didnt do it long ago but sure...momentum conservation skills!!

I had a chance to buy a monster about 10 yrs ago but instead i bought back my totalled tdr250 from the insurers and rebuilt it and customised with some help from friends...as i'm a mechanical retard.

So I'm here to hopefully pick your brains and what not...I've done 2000 miles in a month, I have to start chillin out, so i'm gonna have bash at an oil change soon...I've replaced most of the engine bolts with stainless. Belt covers are the next thing to replace and then the mirrors...can's eventually cos i keep (fun but annoyingly) touching down the stock ones...

How often should you get the valves checked? Any other covers apart from Rizoma?

Cheers
Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Picture-019.copy.jpeg (37.6 KB, 154 views)
Old 12-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Welcome - the monnie must be very different to the stroker. It has torque for one thing The bike looks really good. There's plenty of good advice here - most of it under the Search link.

Enjoy!
Old 12-08-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
I did a few years with the old RD350 and 250LC's, TZR250(3MA) and YPVS's, cracking engines and heaps of fun. Don't blame you hanging onto the TDR.
Monsters are not quite the same LOL betcha noticed that fast tho'. Less point and squirt fast reaction riding, more planned smooth stuff but get the hang of it and you'll end up consistently quicker. LOL Less knackered too!!
Enjoy and have fun
Old 12-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
eddie munster

Yup, thanks...Big difference indeed! Took a while to get used to downshifting, i think my arms had compound fractures from that the first day...i discovered a quick rev smoothed out the change lol

Jerry love the torque...big smiles, and the sound to go with it! The bike is in great shape for the year...

Noticed that quick Nick yup...spent my first few days looking for roundabouts..think that islands to you! Less tired and more comfort too not having a motocross seat wedging my pelvis apart.. still power valves are fun
Old 13-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
Chappers

Welcome

She looks stunning!

You must meet up with little Ricky who lives in that place that starts with 'E' and is a long word he is a great guy and such a laugh.

Maybe see you at the NW200 next year
Old 13-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #6
eddie munster

Thanks Chappers...yup seen some posts from Ricky in Enniskillen, have to give him a shout...It's the Dundrod road races this weekend too, a bit closer to home...

UKMOC should do a NW200 urun for next year, would be a great weekend...!
Old 14-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #7
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie munster View Post
UKMOC should do a NW200 urun for next year, would be a great weekend...!
I'll see what I can organise
Old 16-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #8
eddie munster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers View Post
I'll see what I can organise
Cool.. all good
Old 19-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #9
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
dont listen to chappers!!

she tried to hack the nw200 with me a couple of years ago!! spent the day curled up in her coat and at night couldnt hack the zero degree tempertures and nearly died of hypothermia!! i did offer to warm her up but she declined

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
she tried to hack the nw200 with me a couple of years ago!! spent the day curled up in her coat and at night couldnt hack the zero degree tempertures and nearly died of hypothermia!! i did offer to warm her up but she declined
It was flipping freezing at night, I wore all the clothes I had taken with me for the weekend (at the same time), socks on my hands, woolly hat on my head - I was sooo ill when I returned home, thought I was dying

Hopefully I'll be riding over on my bike next year and I'll have proper arctic clothing with me