UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New girl saying hi!

Old 28-07-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Grib

Smile New girl saying hi!

OK, so I don't have a Monster, but I did race one at Cadwell Park with Desmo Due last year Currently riding a Multistrada and a slightly battered SS after my crash at the Mallory trackday. Anyway, hello and I'll go get stuck in
Old 28-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
nbatty3

hello

HI
glad you're ok! ish
nice to speak to you and your other half yesterday i'm going to be doing more track days now hope to see you guys out and about!
just so you know i'm the slightly fat balding guy (so many of us) with red monster white stripe (again so many) ran in fast group ( not so many!)!
see you around :0)
Old 28-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Grib

Hey Batty, nice to speak to you too Hope you had a good day there, you were going very well! Post up about any other trackdays you're doing, I'll be straight back out as soon as I'm healed.
Old 28-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
Scotty

ahh the infamous Grib

corse you wouldnt have binned it on a monster

get well soon
Old 28-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
Grib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
ahh the infamous Grib

corse you wouldnt have binned it on a monster

get well soon
hehehe! Would have been better on a Monster, these little clip-on things are useless!
Old 28-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
Scotty

of course the advantage of being narrow you can easily get an SS indoors
Old 28-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
Grib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
of course the advantage of being narrow you can easily get an SS indoors
She's in the workshop in the back garden at the moment looking sorry for herself Only needs a clutch lever to be rideable again, after we'd bent the exhaust and front fairing brackets back out anyway! They're pretty tough little things

Old 29-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
Gilps

Welcome to the UKMOC Lucy. Hope you're OK after Friday's off. Are you going to be well enough to ride at Donny?
Old 29-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hello you, and welcome! How's the hand??
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #10
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Welcome! Glad you came to the day and went home safely too.

Enjoy, Jerry
Old 29-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #11
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
Wotcha burd

what have you done?

You've not quite got the hang of this 'DD Vultures Club' thing have you?

The idea is you let someone else fall off and hurt themselves* then you get their ride.

NOT fall off and hurt youself

Going to have to have a little chat about this, cos they're falling like flies, another one today.

*ideally someone with a fast bike and a pit crew that does choccy bikkies, ok the bikes optional

Crust
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 05:51 AM   #12
Grib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
Welcome to the UKMOC Lucy. Hope you're OK after Friday's off. Are you going to be well enough to ride at Donny?
The ride's off I might be able to bend everything enough to get on the bike, but with my right hand/thumb like it is, I couldn't twist a throttle or pull a brake if my life depended on it I'll have to settle for cheering you lot on from the side lines....again.

Zimbo...back to hospital at 2pm today to let the fracture clinic have a look. It's all strapped up at the moment. There are scrape marks in between the thumb and first finger on my glove, so I guess it got bent the wrong way a bit

Crust...I've bruised every limb possible and knackered my thumb, that's what I've done Up to you to give that little bike a decent result now....no pressure
Old 30-07-2007, 08:04 AM   #13
Rudolph Hart

Hi Grib. Hope your hand mends soon & hope it's not scaphoid related (been there, done that!). Was out around Linby, Ravenshead & Kirkby in Ashfield on my Monster yesterday.
Old 30-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #14
Half Man Half Mole

Welcome.

Mike
Old 30-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #15
benson

Hi Lucy - thanks for your sympathy about my Hyper and here's some for you about your off at the track day - hope the hand heals soon and doesn't hurt too much...

Atleast you weren't stationary at a red light -when some twonk ran into you - at least you were moving at speed so you've got more credibility than I have!!!
Take care hon and see you around

Rachel