UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Less than impressed with Daytonas - Ruislip

Old 10-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
STIVH

Less than impressed with Daytonas - Ruislip

I don't like moaning about dealers as it is often a simple case of some oily rag picking the phone up and promising the earth only to dump the problem in the lap of the store/stock man/women.

However when the stock/spares man says I've got it, I've found it and the part that's missing will be with me tomorrow and you'll have all the stuff by the weekend no problem, all I need is your credit card payment, you like to try and gain strength from their honesty and customer support.

When you phone up a week later and ask what happened with the parts as I have just missed one of the best and longest weekends and the part isn't here yet - you do not expect the answer.

"I've found your order the parts are due to be dispatched tomorrow - all I can say is sorry!!!!"

As I said Daytona's of Ruislip I am a lot less than impressed.

Moral of this story - as far as I am concerned - Don't believe a word they say and pester them like hell every day, to make sure your part is where it should be and if not cancel their payment and let other peeps know so that they have a choice to use em' or refuse em' - that way Daytona might decide to be honest and offer some true customer service.

RUINED MY WEEKEND THEY DID !!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Jonnyconcrete

A polite call to the franchise manager might help...don't condem the whole Store for one crap employee...just tell his boss.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyconcrete View Post
A polite call to the franchise manager might help...don't condem the whole Store for one crap employee...just tell his boss.
or it might not...
D****** is a long running saga

...if you want proper service try talking to the parts guy at Daytona KingsX (Chaos Inc.)

Last edited by slob; 10-04-2007 at 12:21 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #4
katana

do we get a discount
Old 11-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #5
STIVH

Oh boy it gets better but as Meatloaf said "Two out of three ain't bad"

Seems a maximum 2" sized spacer that fits only into the bearings of the cush drive and not the wheel and through which the axle passes has now become a 6" spacer as their pictures aren't to scale!!!!!

Hang on if it's longer than 2" inches then it can't be the part and as there is only one other spacer left to view it must be that.

- possibly the ahhh sod it send it anyway mentality ? -

Thing is it cost me over £30.00 and isn't what I require and I still can't get the bike back on the road. So now it transpires I've also been overcharged.

Wonder if I order a S2R 800 they'll give me a S2R 1000 instead? Some sort of thing just a bit bigger.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
banditloon

As long as they charge you for the S2R 800.....

Faffing shame your missing the nice weather due to a numpty or numpties. I've heard that Kings X is the better of the two shops, but that's of no help now

My mate had a rather interesting problem with the old Motorcycle Sh**y lot a couple of years ago. He bought a rather rare and exotic RSV Factory, and went to their store to buy some rear brake pads. Only to be told by the numpty in the parts department that the pads are "special order only" Not only did they have on show a large selection of brake pads behind the counter, my mate could see the ones he wanted. A 'polite' conversation with the numpty and his manager later saw things straight.

Kick up a , especially when there are lots of other customers about usually works

Hope you get everything sorted soon
Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
Bodybag

Ring Martin in the parts department at Parkinsons Ducati Colchester on 01206 368500. Really helpful guy and knows his stuff too.

I gave this information to somebody else a few weeks ago after a similar incident and they stated that they received the parts next day delivery.