UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New...ish Monster Owner

Old 28-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
tricolore

Bike: Multiple Monsters
New...ish Monster Owner

My first Monster trackday at Mallory was in 2004 on my blue and white S4R ( still have the beanie to prove it ) i'm on the contact photo at the back in the middle. I then moved on to an S4R 998 and last couple of years a Streetfighter. Things have changed ( financially ) and have just bought a 1993 900M with 6000 miles on the clock. Always wanted an original. I collected a few standard bits for it off ebay over the years. Riding back from Baines on Saturday made me think.......this 18 year bike gives me as much pleasure as the SF, OK its not as fast but who cares, opening the throttle with an open airbox and listening to that noise puts a massive smile on my face. It was the best ride i'd had for ages......honest. Don't get me wrong the SF is a fantastic machine and would have another tomorrow, but today I am over the moon with the Monster and can't see me ever parting with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050389.jpg (32.0 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by tricolore; 28-06-2011 at 07:34 PM..
tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricolore View Post
My first Monster trackday at Mallory was in 2004 on my blue and white S4R ( still have the beanie to prove it ) i'm on the contact photo at the back in the middle. I then moved on to an S4R 998 and last couple of years a Streetfighter. Things have changed ( financially ) and have just bought a 1993 900M with 6000 miles on the clock. Always wanted an original. I collected a few standard bits for it off ebay over the years. Riding back from Baines on Saturday made me think.......this 18 year bike gives me as much pleasure as the SF, OK its not as fast but who cares, opening the throttle with an open airbox and listening to that noise puts a massive smile on my face. It was the best ride i'd had for ages......honest. Don't get me wrong the SF is a fantastic machine and would have another tomorrow, but today I am over the moon with the Monster and can't see me ever parting with it.
Welcome back then. So will you be returning back to Mallory this friday for a sedate rumble around. Would be nice to see the 1993 bike there.

PS it looks fresh as a daisy. Very nice indeed
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
tricolore

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I would like to come down to see how you guys are getting on, i'll see if i can wangle it.......when i was there in 04 there was a guy with an S4R with JHP 916 pipes and swingarm, carbon tank, ohlins forks it was amazing, that gave me the monster bug....

I was an FS1E man myself, my mates on KTM's and Garelli's......ahhhh !
tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
He11cat

Things change for all of us over the years.
As long as you love your bike that's all that matters.
I have my little old M600 .. would I swap him ? Never.
Old 29-06-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricolore View Post
........ made me think.......this 18 year bike gives me as much pleasure as the SF, OK its not as fast but who cares, opening the throttle with an open airbox and listening to that noise puts a massive smile on my face. It was the best ride i'd had for ages......honest. Don't get me wrong the SF is a fantastic machine and would have another tomorrow, but today I am over the moon with the Monster and can't see me ever parting with it.

Exactly.
And they're simple to maintain, electronics and plumbing-free, versatile, full of torque and soul..... and cheap as chips.
And the good thing about a "keeper" is that you can offset the price of any mods against the lifetime of benefit that you'll get from them. So mods are cheap too, over time.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
Darkness

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
You can offset the price of any mods against the lifetime of benefit that you'll get from them. So mods are cheap too, over time.
That's a good line: must remember that one for the wifee!!

Old 29-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Exactly.
And they're simple to maintain, electronics and plumbing-free, versatile, full of torque and soul..... and cheap as chips.
And the good thing about a "keeper" is that you can offset the price of any mods against the lifetime of benefit that you'll get from them. So mods are cheap too, over time.
Mines a keeper for a long while. As long as it makes me smile and they dont whack an 848 engine in one. Best thing to me is it was new and I chose to buy everything on it so no one else to blame.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
banditloon

So that is what my bike would've looked like 18 years ago!

Nice to see a rather stunning and original looking 18 year old Monnie Welcome back to the madhouse of Monster ownership.

Quote:
I don't want to think about the amount of money spent on mine! But she is lovely Even when being a pain and costing me money she still makes me smile!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: