UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Rolling refresh - electrical stuff

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2024, 10:28 PM   #1
yellowfever
Bronze Member

Bike: S2r 1000
Rolling refresh - electrical stuff

So whilst waiting for split ring for engine timing shaft seal refitting I’ve been enjoying making some progress on electrics. First I removed a very clunky old Garmin Zumo 660 GPS wiring harness (had loads of wires for hard wired headphones and mic that I never used and all the wires in one cable and hardwired into GPS cradle so you can’t easily ditch them). Now cables are off the bike I’ll try to strip and adapt cable for just power via USB in case I want to use GPS in future. Will be a last resort tho’ as Garmin announced my “lifetime maps” subscription will never be updated again after this month as unit becoming obsolete…

In place of that I have fitted an ultimate addons waterproof phone case (excellent customer service, and decent looking products, will see how it is in use) to the RAM mount the GPS cradle was on. This way I can use phone navigation, going to try a few different apps and see what I like.

To power the phone when needed I also fitted combined voltmeter and twin USB cockpit power supply on handlebars unit has an on/off switch too and voltage reading seems accurate when compared with my multimeter. I did have to snip the too long cables and refit the fuse but not difficult and I used good quality fittings to do it, so should be reliable. Again will see how it does.
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote