UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » 2006 S2R 1000 rolling refresh, upgrades and servicing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-08-2024, 01:34 AM   #1
yellowfever
Bronze Member

Bike: S2r 1000
2006 S2R 1000 rolling refresh, upgrades and servicing

OK starting this thread to keep me honest on some progress plus to seek occasional advice as needed plus to document in case useful to others. I finally have a garage so I at last have the chance to work on my bike properly, rather than snatched moments in underground car parks.

For now I’ll mostly be sticking to small things (minor upgrades/refreshing, plus doing my own regular servicing) as I want to concentrate on riding, not have my bike off the road for a long period.

I have collected various second hand bits from here, eBay etc and bought some new bits too. So I’ll be fitting some of these, refreshing things and servicing the bike as due.

Upgrades/overhauls to do/considering
Fit Ohlins DU333 rear shock - finally found a second hand one still with its box after many, many years searching (Ohlins stopped making years ago). Just got it professionally serviced ready for me to fit.
Upgrade Front fork internals (thinking of using Maxton)
Front headlight improve (better headlight wiring? Better H4 bulb/clean and polish reflector and lens/buy LED bulb if can fit in headlight shell or buy and fit LED headlight using Gazza headlight ring)
Fit Oil cooler screen (another Mr G special )
Fit stainless lock stop bolts and clock retaining bolts (another product made by a member here, I forget who now!)
Paint and fit alu tank from Tecknorace if I ever get it! Manuel has had my deposit for 3.5 years and still nothing but excuses (and for the last year not even that), despite other people getting their tanks in the meantime
Replace cracked clocks glass (and replace speedo readings to KPH?)
Derust and repaint starter motor
Strip clean grease and reassemble side stand, and gear lever and rear brake pedals
Clean/overhaul brakes - New seals, fluid, possibly new stainless or titanium pistons
fit stahlbus bleed valves le Fit Speedbleed valve for rear (as Stahlbus won’t fit rear)

Clean/overhal all electrics inc:
Check all cables and sockets for wear and corrosion and clean up as needed
Fit motolectrc hi-cap battery/starter cables
Fit motolectric series reg/rectifier
Fit healtech thunder box for cleaner electrical accessory management DONE
Fit extra rear/brake light with Integrated numberplate light in place of numberplate light (makes bike more visible especially when carrying luggage on Ventura rack which partly obscures standard tail/brakelight).
Possibly add brake flasher unit for this brake light.
Fit bar mounted USB charging points (inc on/off switch and voltmeter) DONE
Fit ultimate add-ons phone case to bars on RAM mount so can use phone for GPS DONE
Make GPS cradle detachable by converting permanently wired cable to short USB lead instead
Fit dedicated power lead for Keis heated vest
Tidy up Powerlet socket wiring DONE
Possibly create hazard flash option (have LHS Ducati switchgear from Multistrada 1000/1100 65140141A L/H Switch) which has the hazard switch, need to investigate how to do it)
Fit new Oxford heated grips. (Old ones getting a bit tired)

Last edited by yellowfever; 12-09-2024 at 10:27 PM..
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote