UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » S4RS 2006 Fuel pump leaking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-08-2024, 12:58 PM   #1
Tipusss

Bike: S4Rs
S4RS 2006 Fuel pump leaking

Hello,

I found a bit of fuel on the quick release connector coming from the fuel pump. It's not leaking heavily, just the plastic bit is covered in fuel and smells like fuel. The fuel does not go down the hose, I think it evaporates before if has the chance to go down any lower.

I took the bike to the official dealer for inspection and they guy said the fuel pump I have has already been fixed and from the looks of it not by any of the dealers. He said if they are to fix it, they would need to replace the whole fuel pump assembly, it's number 3 on this diagram: https://www.bike-parts-ducati.com/du...P/77/1200/0/77. Quite expensive to begin with plus the labour costs.

However, he also said I can buy a used one and have it replaced somewhere else, but obviously there would be no warranties to such a replacement. I went to everyone's favourite website, but can only see these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...+pump&_sacat=0. It looks like these are the fuel filters and they are all suspiciously cheap and come with long warranties. They all say "fuel pump" though, so I'm confused.

Any advice please? Also, if I was brave enough, how technical a job is it to change the fuel pump? Kinda looks like a bolt off/bolt on job to me, but I was fooled by diagrams before. Shall I leave it to a Ducati mechanic?

Any comments and especially advice would be greatly appreciated!
Tipusss is offline   Reply With Quote